May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I'm detecting by the pier today, something I have been avoiding because of the build up.
I eventually found a spot that was at least giving me signals.
Anyway I get this bracelet, looks cheap, but I saw it was a magnetic one.
It's funny that I was just reading, here, of one of you finding one.(Fletch88)
So I get home and am dumping my pouch and my wife sees it and thinks it's a bungy cord!
Upon closer inspection I see Montblanc and 925.
I look it up on their site and it's a Contemporary Mens Bracelet from their 'silver collection'
Price $650.
Do people really pay that much for a $20 item just for the name? I guess they do.
Good luck out there.

Attachments

• PICT1298.JPG
    PICT1298.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fredinbelize!! Great Find!! Yes Sir Buddy they do!! Really Neat!! You have a Real One there!! CONGRATS!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Great ! , a video I seen from gravedigger max his huntin buddy low tide tim found a magnetic bracelet if max or one of his buddies sees this post pass it along to low tide he may have the same kind, Congrads !!! H.H. Capt.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
So I'm detecting by the pier today, something I have been avoiding because of the build up.
So I get home and am dumping my pouch and my wife sees it and thinks it's a bungy cord!
I look it up on their site and it's a Contemporary Mens Bracelet from their 'silver collection'
Price $650.
Do people really pay that much for a $20 item just for the name? I guess they do.
Good luck out there.

Fred I sold Montblanc for 7 years after I first retired from the PD in 2001. In retail most things are keystoned. That is 2x the cost. Montblanc was keystone plus a half which was crazy for pens etc. But that little signature white flower or dot on a pen in your pocket was a status symbol. I was in a very high end store and it was nothing to sell their limited editions during the holidays which were thousands. And the craziness didn't stop there especially when someone lost a pen. Enter Mr Businessman I need help. My wife gave me a Montblanc for Christmas and I lost it. They couldn't go home without that pen!!!!! They would point out their model when they saw it. They would never hesitate to drop another 700 or 800 dollars for a replacement.

That's a great find.:hello2:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Price $650.
Good luck out there.

TWENTY DOLLARS? If it were not for the magnetic clasp I would of thought that it was a bungee cord from Ace Hardware.
That must be some name to fetch Six Hundred and Fifty dollars. You or another poster stated dollars not cents - right?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nuts sometimes what a designer brand name can demand. On the other hand, 50 years from now it may be highly collectible and worth many times it's original retail price. :dontknow: If we all just a had a crystal ball. :laughing7:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They buy them, wear them and lose them! Isn't life great? Good for you Fred!

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Great find Fred! You gotta love surprises like that!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Price $650.
Good luck out there.

Cool find! I think mine is one of those $19.95 ones that gives you better balance! Wink wink. It's a piece of stainless steel wire rope with 2 magnets encased in stainless teardrop shape ends. It really works eh? After hunting from 4:30 am until 5pm Saturday, with a 4 hour lunch break , I needed all the help I could get with balance :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions