Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a chance to get a couple of early morning hunts in. I thought the Koala Bear was solid gold, but it turned out to be a fraud. Solid gold plated that dissolved in vinegar. That was a heart breaker. I still got the gold chain with black opal attached. Also pictured is two mexican one dollar coins, one 20 cent piece from singapore, one 20 pence, one boom token, IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0296.JPG metal meld for a tooth cap, stainless steel toe ring, fake pair of earrings (broke one in half out of frustration,) Krocodile lure, and antique hotel key.

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Crispin!! At least you found something to warm your Heart!! I'm talking about the Red Badge telling of your D'tecting skills!! He He!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope to find lots of gold in SC later this month. Beach hunting sounds like fun ( sand has to be easier to dig than Indiana dirt)

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope to find lots of gold in SC later this month. Beach hunting sounds like fun ( sand has to be easier to dig than Indiana dirt)

If you want some help then take pictures of the beach and we'll give you a read. Stay away from the soft sand, it is a killer on the east coast.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so, closer to the water is best?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The bear might not have been real but that's a next to perfect key ya got there...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
so, closer to the water is best?

Not necessarily. It depends on the tides. You want to look for hard packed sand as things don't sink as fast. Literally, the harder it is to dig through the better. Look for low points, places where shells accumulate, and darker colored sand. If you can find a cut (place where waves ate away at sand) then make that a priority. The bottom of slopes and about two feet away have been very kind to me. If you don't have a good scoop then going past knee deep water will be extremely frustrating.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my understanding is you can't go out in the water. no?

think I read from high to low tide marks

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

Check SC laws, the water law ,I think may pertain to Fla, beaches next to the 1715 treasure fleet leases, but I could be wrong. Each State may be different. Have a grat vacation, find tons, and keep us all posted......Gary

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
my understanding is you can't go out in the water. no?

think I read from high to low tide marks

Depends on where in Florida you are. East coast has treasure leases and NO, can't go in the water there. But if there is no lease, have a blast, get wet. All of the West coast is open to water hunting. (Standard NO to Archeological sites, and State Parks, always an exception or two)

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks like an interesting hunt.
I like the 'perfect' badge, a play on the 'prefect' badges from school?
The chain/opal is very pretty.
:occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You done all right there Mr.
A nice mix, that kroc spoon works up here too. Opal is sweet.
Not sure how thin skinned, but one of the biggest gold Buddha I saw a documentary or such on ,people kept applying gold leaf to, may not be solid gold, even unlikely. So yours just kinda following suit.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have heard the same thing about staying out of the water by the 1715 fleet sites. Nice finds Crispin! I am getting more excited by the day!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting