MY FIRST PLATINUM

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse double pics computer problems, but one for the history books for me, if it doesn't have a number mark does the plat stamp alone mean its pure platinum ? My second Stuller ring this month. Got it yesterday didn't make it out today thanks for looking reel happy on this one H.H. Capt !
http://www.stuller.com/products/milgrain-bands/139720/?series=122809&groupid=88635

Attachments

• DSC04009.JPG
    DSC04009.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC04008.JPG
    DSC04008.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC04006.JPG
    DSC04006.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC04004.JPG
    DSC04004.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC04003.JPG
    DSC04003.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC04001.JPG
    DSC04001.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you have a Maker's mark on the ring. I found a Plat ring with +. I can't remember which maker it was but it was very specific. That maker used a secret metal combination for the last 5%. Probably will not alter the value but if you are curious you might be able to find out exactly who made it.

Crispin

Its got the Stuller symbol its made by them the link is under where i wrote with the pics, they sell to dealers you cant buy from them, they don't have the info / i couldn't find it yet

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,so excited and happy for you,nice PLAT:thumbsup:,,HH:hello:

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw up a recordable .wav file so us excal users can do the happy dance when it comes filtering through the headphones. ;-)

awesome ring and heavy too.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely awesome WTG

Rockyredbaron

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I have found two Platinum bands so far this year......In the last 5 years i have dug 10 Platinum wedding bands and 9 of the 10 came from one town.....I simply profiled the beachgoers that go to the beaches there....They are mostly affluent and the town has a huge Jewish population that love to wear platinum wedding bands.....these beaches are what I consider "Quality over Quantity" beaches......The vast number of coins and "K-Mart" Jewelry isn't there but when I dig gold and plat. it is usually a real nice piece !!

SAM_0487.JPG

IMGP3519.JPG

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw up a recordable .wav file so us excal users can do the happy dance when it comes filtering through the headphones. ;-)

awesome ring and heavy too.

I'm Lucky to be able to get pics on here with my posts !

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's How I Found This One ! , I ventured away from the public beach's caused their getting hit reel hard and wanted to try some place new !

I have found two Platinum bands so far this year......In the last 5 years i have dug 10 Platinum wedding bands and 9 of the 10 came from one town.....I simply profiled the beachgoers that go to the beaches there....They are mostly affluent and the town has a huge Jewish population that love to wear platinum wedding bands.....these beaches are what I consider "Quality over Quantity" beaches......The vast number of coins and "K-Mart" Jewelry isn't there but when I dig gold and plat. it is usually a real nice piece !!

View attachment 850918

View attachment 850919

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahah. That was funny and I hear you about the pics. I usually never post finds because my camera is god awful. Oh and surfdigger I watched your vid of you finding a platinum just the other day. Man you were happy. :-)

I'm hoping I find one when I hit the jersey shore next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread