Oct 8, 2012
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you Ron...

One more question...

What do you recommend you do with rings with diamonds. If its a nice diamond, do you suggest getting the ring appraised and then selling it yourself or do you also suggest sending to Aragold as they will purchase then diamonds for you.

I met you at Bonita Beach a few weeks ago, we were trying to find that guys Rolex. I even went back the next day to help him look for the Rolex during low tide and went up and down the beach. Dry sand, wet sand and surf.....didn't find.

Hope to see you out there....

Thanks!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
I also use and like ARA. They payout 98% on gold and 90% on platinum and silver.

Their diamond bids are low, however and it seems they want you to negotiate with them...I didn't

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too only use ARA now and used to use Midwest Refineries. MW pays out about 96% of spot. If your gold buyer can't tell you what percent of spot he is paying, run away. If you have a nice ring with diamonds you can try to sell it outright which takes time and don't use Ebay to sell it or Craig's list. Sometimes you can use it in a trade for house repairs or services too. A gift to a relative or family member will be remembered for years. However I have a grand daughter which now gets my nice rings.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too only use ARA now and used to use Midwest Refineries. MW pays out about 96% of spot. If your gold buyer can't tell you what percent of spot he is paying, run away. If you have a nice ring with diamonds you can try to sell it outright which takes time and don't use Ebay to sell it or Craig's list. Sometimes you can use it in a trade for house repairs or services too. A gift to a relative or family member will be remembered for years. However I have a grand daughter which now gets my nice rings.

WHY NOT?
In your opinion: Use Ebay or Graigs list to sell?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Is ARA now requiring a tax ID? I wouldn't have a huge transaction anyway but it seems wrong to have to worry about taxes when you can't deduct the costs in getting the finds. martin

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
ARA has never asked me for a tax ID but perhaps for new customers they do?

I'm not worried about tax consequences...I, as most of us, are pretty small fish for the IRS.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive used ARA in the past then when I called to use them last year they said I needed a FIN # / Business License, right now im waiting for the prices to go up but im in the same boat for where to sell, I want to sell some for a 3030 but am in no rush to go out and get one just yet been givin it heavy thought sounds like a lot of maintenance and bugs they need to still work out, so is ARA still asking for Business License ?

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
It isn't easy trying to sell a ring with diamonds. I still have one from many years ago that I had appraised. The jeweler told me the diamonds were European or turn of the century diamonds. He suspects someone took their mothers engagement ring and wedding band and had the diamonds put into the newer 14K mens setting. Anyway it appraised at $3200.00 back then.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Ron...

One more question...

What do you recommend you do with rings with diamonds. If its a nice diamond, do you suggest getting the ring appraised and then selling it yourself or do you also suggest sending to Aragold as they will purchase then diamonds for you.

I met you at Bonita Beach a few weeks ago, we were trying to find that guys Rolex. I even went back the next day to help him look for the Rolex during low tide and went up and down the beach. Dry sand, wet sand and surf.....didn't find.

Hope to see you out there....

Thanks!
It depends on the size of your Diamonds, I know a place in town that will give you a good price on your ring with diamonds .e-mail me or call 239-331-1352 Ron Lord

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread