From nothng to the AT PRO........

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
:headbang::hello2: Sooooo I'm searching near the water edge and my wife comes over talk to me, this is when the light bulb goes off and my manly smartness tries to outwit the wife.....notice I say TRIES...anyway I rinse out my plastic scoop to find another pull tab, I enter the water about ankle deep and once again as usual my ACE 250 goes crazy from the saltwater....Wife says wow sounds like ya found something good.....light bulb goes off again......with those sad puppy dog eyes nd a pouting lip I say "nahhhh it's just false signals, I really need a water machine to get the stuff in the water, ths one is good for on land only"....Wife says "I think I have been set up, but you work hard for everything....go get what you want"..........wow, I love that woman!!:hello2:

Todays finds: No rings, about 0.20 in clad and a zipper and a key....what's up with people's pants...last week it was a button,lol

Upvote 0

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:headbang::hello2: Sooooo I'm searching near the water edge and my wife comes over talk to me, this is when the light bulb goes off and my manly smartness tries to outwit the wife.....notice I say TRIES...anyway I rinse out my plastic scoop to find another pull tab, I enter the water about ankle deep and once again as usual my ACE 250 goes crazy from the saltwater....Wife says wow sounds like ya found something good.....light bulb goes off again......with those sad puppy dog eyes nd a pouting lip I say "nahhhh it's just false signals, I really need a water machine to get the stuff in the water, ths one is good for on land only"....Wife says "I think I have been set up, but you work hard for everything....go get what you want"..........wow, I love that woman!!:hello2:

Todays finds: No rings, about 0.20 in clad and a zipper and a key....what's up with people's pants...last week it was a button,lol

I borrowed my hunting partner's ATPro and had a blast with it. I told my wife about how it was different from my 350 and she said go get one. I about fell over. I love my woman too.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it takes a lot of getting used to in saltwater also their are some tricks to it to calm it down in saltwater, so if your huntin just fresh they say its awesome, but your gonna come across some of the same problems your havin with your 250. look at some of the older post on here on the tricks to calm down the at pro and you may be able to apply that to your 250 if your not going to have to submerge it and maybe able to keep using it. I own one and thinking on sellin it, with my bad knees & back I cant really land hunt and when I used it in parks I could find good targets surrounded by trash in pro mode, would blow me away on how good it was at that. I don't hunt in fresh water, if your thinkin about a used one let me know I took the pics of it to throw on ebay a month ago but still conflicted on sellin it cause I do like it but rarely use it, the warranty has either ended or is about to on it, something to think about if your gonna do saltwater you will have to get used to it falsing in the salt as well and for a little more money may wanna look at saltwater machine

Night Owl

Aug 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great Woman
My wife told me the same
I said I need a buddy so I got two one for me and my son..
Now go find something great !

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you got a Whites surf pro (used) you would be really happy.
Don't tell anyone but it is the best for the beach

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you are going to hunt salt water don't buy an AT PRO they false to much in the salt water. you can buy a Garrett sea hunter mk 2 for about $650

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my AT Pro when i went to visit family in South florida....I was hunting the Gulf and never had any real probelms...I wasnt hunting the shoreline, i was out about 20 feet from the shore ( Which was still only 2 feet deep) . So from my experiance..i never had any real issues with false signals

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
I thought the AT PRO had ground balance you could set while in the water and set different while in wet sand in pro mode?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How good are they on land?

I personally love it...At first, i was having issues with the fact it reads steel bottle caps, but im slowly learning the differnce in the sounds. But I can tell, it goes Deep, i have found coins 8+ inches...and its a gold magnet. Im sure others will say different, But me coming from an ACE 250 to the ATP, I see a huge difference.....PLus..how awesome is it detecting the rain with no worries...lol

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The at pro is great on land and fresh water, but 8 inches isn't very deep when in fresh water the AT PRO can find coin at 18 + inches o by the way I own an AT PRO and It is for sale for $400

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They work great on land sold my ace 350. Because the atpro was so good on land did not need it anymore. When I bought the excal I kept the at for land hunting. Hope this helps. As Ron said I have found lead sinkers at the beach at 18+ inches in the wet sand.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not the best saltwater machine, but here in Florida it works good in the saltwater and wet sand, not great but good. For all around use, I think its the best detector made. Not too many detectors that work good on land, freshwater and saltwater. The AT pro will work anywhere you want to hunt.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works nicely here in NJ too but if I have money I will upgrade to the CTX 3030

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread