sens setting for excal 1000 in wet sand or under water?

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Hi Aqua, You can not use the excalibur in auto in all water conditions, high mineralisation in the sea bed can give you a lot of trouble in auto giving you false signals and errattic performance.You are better off using your machine off auto with the sensitivity in manual, set up to maximum level where you are not receiving false signals. A good indicator as to wether you have your sensitivity too high is by raising and lowering your coil a couple of inches above the bottom in a slow pumping action.If you experience false signals and interference lower your sensitivity slowly until it stops.
You will find that in the manual setting you will get more depth with your machine.
My settings. Manual sensitivity set to maximum allowable without false signals.Threshold turned down to just audible.Run in discrimination. Set discrimination to minimum setting.Volume flat out.
Dig all signals even low tones which sound like aluminium these can be thin gold rings.This is why I say keep you disc turned down, dont discriminate out alfoil you never know . good hunting seeya Neilo ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neilo knows what he is talking about with the settings for the Excal. These are the same settings I use too.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same settings I'm using as well.

If I get a tone sweeping side to side I dig it. Iron nulls out, or I will get a weak signal one direction, and nothing the other.

I have my discrimination set to about 1.5, my volume is cranked, when I hear a good signal I want to hear it, make me jump out of my skin. ;D

If it tones, I dig, I would rather dig a hundred pull tabs or bottle tops then skip digging a nice piece of gold or silver because I was too lazy to dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread