Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's Monday hunting for the elusive metal Ken and I call gold. It's the day we travel to Bling Bling beach in hopes that we do something other than twiddle our thumbs. Ken and I hit the beach at low tide and not much to find at first but Ken found a heavy gold bracelet a guy had just dropped and got a whopping thanks for finding it, A little later a man and his wife told me he had just lost his wedding ring as he was playing ball with his son. He continued to play not seeming very interested in anything. After about 15 minutes I found it and he also said thanks as he continued to play. I did finally manage to find a small 1.7gr. 14kt. gold ladies ring with CZ's. Got a lot of exercise for the day.

Attachments

• 1 gold 003.JPG
    1 gold 003.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays ungrateful generation. Almost makes you want to sell it back to them. Nice job on the find!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and good on ya!

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays ungrateful generation. Almost makes you want to sell it back to them. Nice job on the find!

I have run into some people who think it is your job to find their missing jewelry while they continue to do their own thing and even get in your way . I am almost to the point of telling them to put their name , address and phone number on paper and if I run into it while hunting or after I have gone to my other areas I will return it if found. This way THEY will have to put an effort themselves on the finding and return. Some people are very thankful but a lot of them are not even courteous.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typically thats what I do Les. I tell them to post it as lost on Craigslist and we'll have a way to get in touch with them if we find it. 99.9% of all people I have told to do this, have failed to do so. You can lead an ass to water, but you can't make them drink.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking ladies Gold...!!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
You both did good deeds and you got some gold. Congrats!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Les...no returns for me this Summer, 5 returns last Summer and got rewards for all 5...3 told me they would give a reward if I found the ring and the other two volunteered after I found it. I think one reason ring finds are down is because there is always a detectorist close by to find one as soon as they lose it. The ones that we randomly find are probably lost by someone that didn't realize it came off.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting to keep 1 out of three gets old Les. Seems ive spent more time than ive wanted to lately looking for their stuff as well. You are right Dew, people has asked me if i found a ring and when i didnt i tell them post it on CL maybe someone already did...... but ive yet to see them do it. I just dont get that. Then there are some CL posts lately that im not certain anything was really lost in the first place. Les..... who got the dollar....

dew

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grateful is! Grateful does! Some do, Some don't. If there's no interest on there part I keep trudging along. Mighty niece piece there Les.

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting to keep 1 out of three gets old Les. Seems ive spent more time than ive wanted to lately looking for their stuff as well. You are right Dew, people has asked me if i found a ring and when i didnt i tell them post it on CL maybe someone already did...... but ive yet to see them do it. I just dont get that. Then there are some CL posts lately that im not certain anything was really lost in the first place. Les..... who got the dollar....

dew

I got the dollar.
Usually when I'm detecting I don't have a lot of time due to trying to catch the low tide and having to leave by a certain time. Problem is some of these people expect that you have an obligation to them, they don't even try to help. I have had some pull the scoop from my hand to see if the ring is in there.
If I find I always return, I once found a High School ring which I traced to a school in Georgia, I called the girls mom and told her I found it and if she sent postage to insure the ring I would mail it to her. Her daughter never called. The mom called me 2 weeks later and screamed that I send her the ring, she wouldn't hear about the postage. I had my son, who has a UPS Store box it, insure it for $800.00 and ship it collect. I called her and said it was on the way and to have a cashiers check made to UPS for $43.30. Never heard another word.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It is the entitlement mentality. Only worried about themselves and their VACATION. I get flagged down to look for an engagement ring. Then they give me the hotel and room number they are in and leave. But I still look and would return it.

Then again I found a HS ring from Pa in 1995 in Ocean City NJ. Was able to trace the young lady to Dallas Tx. And shipped it to her. She still sends me a Christmas card every year.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty ring Les. I know what you mean. I spent 8 hours out there yesterday and near then end I got a junker. A lot of sun and exercise is right. I feel ya on the ungrateful people too.
DC

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Ring Les, and returning that will only help you, and ken for returning them, HH

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring Les !!
Some people are like cats and some are like dogs. I have a cat even though it only wants me for food and only returns the favor in the litter box.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking little ring! Congrats!

You guys did good on the returns. I think that I have run into more grateful folks who've I returned rings to than the inconsiderate ungrateful. When I complain to my wife about the seemingly ungrateful ones she reminds me that it's still good "karma". I agree with her, but caveat that "karma" won't buy me a cup of coffee.

I'm in you're neck of the world this week with no machine. Dropping my son off at FSU.

Good luck out there.

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking little ring! Congrats!

You guys did good on the returns. I think that I have run into more grateful folks who've I returned rings to than the inconsiderate ungrateful. When I complain to my wife about the seemingly ungrateful ones she reminds me that it's still good "karma". I agree with her, but caveat that "karma" won't buy me a cup of coffee.

I'm in you're neck of the world this week with no machine. Dropping my son off at FSU.

Good luck out there.

If you come by my area ( Bradenton) I will loan you a detector. Ken and I would be happy to take you to a couple of areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread