First time metal detecting on the beach?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't list your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
3rd - A member(s) will jump in shortly with suggestions.

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheack the weather and look for LOW / high tides, best times to look is when LOW tide. a few feet in the water never hurts either. Good Luck!!!!!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-NET...what detector are you using?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer. No water hunting or wet saltwater sand for you. SO, stay on the dry sand and GRID. pick an area just above the high tide line and work inland 20-feet. Grid 20 x20 foot areas along the high tide (or towel line) north to south, then east to west, low and slow. Get a GOOD sand scoop. Good Luck!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
Its going to give false signals in the wet sand. Work the dry where the most people sit. You can dig most targets with your foot, faster than you can with a scoop. You will need shoes and just push the sand from side to side off the target.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer. No water hunting or wet saltwater sand for you. SO, stay on the dry sand and GRID. pick an area just above the high tide line and work inland 20-feet. Grid 20 x20 foot areas along the high tide (or towel line) north to south, then east to west, low and slow. Get a GOOD sand scoop. Good Luck!
You got to watch out Terry he been hit by to many rocks on Rich hill HA,HA

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also pick good times to hit the beach since you want to be there right after heavy traffic flow. Sat nights and Sunday nights work well for peek summer weekend beach goers.

Also I've had success with early Thursday or Friday morning hunts to pick up what was left during the week.

Hit the volleyball courts, entry and exit point to and from the beach, lawn chair areas, and if your lucky enough beach side bar areas.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch utube beach hunting vids where the only shots are when they dig gold or jewlery. It's kind of like watching the world series of poker where they go all in every hand. Poker isn't like that and neither is beach hunting.

Its long, it's tedious, it takes persistence, and more than anything it's a hobby you have to really really enjoy doing.

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and by the way I will be on that coast next week so if you want to head out let me know. I don't know anything about your detector but I may be on a beach near you. Good luck and I hope you fing some yellow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread