WOT or Sunray coils?

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can't speak on the Sunray, but I do have a WOT on my Sov, and it is awesome. It will go deep!

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a S-12 on my wading excal, it worked great, runs smooth, lightweight over sand, it did slightly increase swinging resistance in water, but the increased coverage was nice.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe you can go wrong with any of the three, (WOT, SEF, SUNRAY). All three of them will provide you the increased coverage area you're looking for with good sensitivity and depth. Just keep in mind that because of their larger size they will challenge your swinging habits as every little error or inconsistency is going to be magnified, especially over the saturated sand and especially in the water. You can keep turning the sensitivity down in order to help with this but at some point this becomes counter productive, even to the point that you will end up hunting shallower and with less sensitivity then you would be with a smaller stock coil. With these larger coils over the saturated sand and in the water - "Coil Control is critical" if you want to get the most out of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread