How do you successfully work a beach this deep?

Digging Smith

Greenie
Jan 8, 2013
Truro, Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett EuroAce, AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have strong tides here and in places there are 500-800 meters of beach between the high water mark and the low tide line, how do you go about working a beach this size?

820a.jpg

thanks

-T

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always start off by observing where most people are, there are multiple zones to a beach. See were people congregate the most at the beach both high and low tides.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One Meter at a time starting starting North, South, East & West. Or! Like TH says. Look for the most active area's and or parking area's? :dontknow:

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I went to the beach it was overwelming I looked for low spots or sloping areas did ok but was glad to get back to my fresh water beaches good luck

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hunt the trough area and watch the tide there very carefully. You have ex-stream tides there. good luck.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having gotten use to Florida beach hunting, and now seeing "Nova Scotia" under your avatar, the first thing I'd do is invest in some warm gear and build a nice warm fire pit. Heck, I'm getting chilled just looking at the picture and thinking about it. :laughing7:

But seriously (I was serious before) given I had the time I'd learn all I can about the beach, it's history etc., then I'd seek out those areas that I felt presented the best possibilities and then I'd pick out a few different features within those locations, i.e., low spots, runnels, troughs, washes, etc. and then I'd select a small area of each and hunt them in a real tight grid until I found something that started paying off. Large expanses of beach can be too overwhelming when you keep your focus on the entire expanse of beach. Pick the best possible locations, then the best possible features, and spend a little time hunting a bit of all of them until you find out what produces for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread