How many hours do you.....

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 to 10 hours in the water... 95 miles one way to the beach, I only get to go once a week and I get my moneys worth.

We stay 9 or 10 hours and usually we're not really ready to go when we leave.

saltwaterminer

Jul 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some days I get 6-7 hours on a morning/evening twofer. I can manage a good 2-3 hours before the arm falls off. Just got the pro swing 45 and it seems promising, so I'm hoping to bump the hours up. Mostly, it's the wife that suffers the most...

Venture

Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have to hunt. I know where the treasures (2) are. It’s hard to trust someone. I am just hoping to find a good partner to go and get them. One is located in someone’s yard. It is eight feet deep. The other one is located on the sidewalk. The one on the sidewalk is of 246 pounds of gold, silver, jewelry, and the other is 158 pounds of gold, silver, jewelry. I don’t know how to do it. Can i make a tunnel through someone’s yard?
I just bought a piece land next to that property.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh,when I'm by myself from sunrise to sunset:headbang:,,HH:hello:

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
In Florida I could hunt all day, 2 1/2' tide drops and soft sand. On Okinawa, 4 hours tops on a good day, more 2 1/2 hunts than anything. Okinawa has 7'-8' tides and rock & coral bottom, complete different hunting than in the states. Most beaches our 6' to 10' deep within 10 feet of the beach at high tide.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 to 10 hours in the water... 95 miles one way to the beach, I only get to go once a week and I get my moneys worth.

Me too LD! I left at 3 am Tuesday drove 180 miles then worked my way up the coast hunting 2 different beaches. I returned home at 8pm. I was wore out to say the least and only found modern clad. Still it was a fun day and beats working any day!

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usely hunt 3 to 4 if my body lets me, when i was young you had to drag me away.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Depends. Usually I try and make the day out of it. Sometimes I do short 3 hour hunts. 3 or less I guess. Longest hunt last year was 10 hours, well maybe more like 8-9 hours of actual hunting.

This year I have gone about the same once or twice, but typically I like to go for at least a good solid 4 hours. If I ate right, its not to hot, and I am not sore I can push it to 6 hours...

All depends on how well I am prepared, and schedule. Getting a second job spells less detecting for me in the future, but I will manage.

....hunt (actual hunting) during the average outing? Me - I'm guessing somewhere around 3 - 4 hrs.

bluescruise

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, White's Prizm II, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just came home from a day trip to the beach, 110 miles each way. Scored $2.38 in clad, a lighter, a C02 cartridge, numerous chunks of melted beer cans from the bon fire beach party goers, and some other junk. I detected for 5 hours, spent $21 in gas and $12 on a nice breakfast. Still it beats the h%*#& out of work any day of the week! The ocean breeze ispayment enough for me.

Good hunting!
BC

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends. Right now husband is hunting alone (I sit in the car or on the beach) because of my recent knee replacement surgery, so he is averaging 4-5 hours per hunt. When I was hunting with him, we averaged 8 hours each per hunt.

Anita

wish my wife would detect and I could set and watch.

Feeling your pain I'm out for another 8 weeks do to broken foot

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
I realize this sounds a bit backwards, but on account of all the soft sand buildup, June, July & August.....the absolute worst months to be on the beach here, so most hunts are short, 3-4hr low tide affairs. The issue here isn't just the sand, but it's also the tide changes that tend to stir all the soft sand and everything in it sending just about anything heavy straight down.....so it's strictly a very recent drop period from the mid-beach down. I use to go all day long just about every day in the summer but the results weren't any better then I'm doing now with the shorter hunts and far less hunts. These beaches are very tough in the summer despite the increase in traffic.

Where are you? I'm feeling "sanded in" and just wanted to know if I'm crazy. I'm on the Central Florida Gulf Coast. Thanks.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try for a minimum of 3hr in saltwater usually (I try to get in at least 1-2 before low tide and play it by ear from there)
- some fresh water spots - only worth 2hrs
in Carribean on vacay - if im in a good spot that's producing - will try 4 hrs at sunrise and 3 at sunset

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my hunts are a good steady pace for 6 hours or more. Seems much easier now that im not out there everyday. I cut it back a couple of days this year..... im getting old, but then with the sand and renurishment its just plain timing this year.

Dew

garviso8

Aug 10, 2014
hialeah fl
Detector(s) used
minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Florida I could hunt all day, 2 1/2' tide drops and soft sand. On Okinawa, 4 hours tops on a good day, more 2 1/2 hunts than anything. Okinawa has 7'-8' tides and rock & coral bottom, complete different hunting than in the states. Most beaches our 6' to 10' deep within 10 feet of the beach at high tide.

I've often wondered about that ,when I remember being stationed in Okinawa the beaches were not very good for detecting not like fl beaches to much reef ,hard bottom and wild life more natural I guess . I do remember a beach at kadena airbase that probably has some goodies .to bad my mind was on other things at the time :laughing7:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I go 4 to 7 hours almost daily. The last week or so has been bleak. Targets have been hard to come by due to the area being sanded in with new sand. Not many new drops either. My best find was a 30 inch silver chain and an iphone 5s that was totally destroyed and of no value. Could not even sell it on the internet. I been spending a lot of time hitting beaches from Juno to Ft. Pierce. I am the champ of sinkers and fish hooks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread