Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know what it is yet but I was getting a very strong signal in the sand and was determined to see what it was. After scooping over a foot deep I hit something hard.

After removing some of the sand I could tell by touching it and tapping on it that is wasn't metal but more like fabric or plastic. It was hollow and sounded large, I'm thinking an old suitcase or luggage.

I had nothing to try and cut it open and I didn't want to start digging a big hole because there were people nearby. I plan to go back and cut it open first and have a shovel ready when the time is right.

secret dig a.JPG secret dig b.JPG

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: Have you ever seen "8 heads in a duffel bag" I guess you won't know till you open it up. Let us know.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be filled with millions in cash. Guess you will never know.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My curiosity would have gotten the best of me.. ??? :icon_scratch: I never would have left without knowing what it was and what was in it.. :dontknow: Good luck though.. :thumbsup:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't that be terrible to dig something up full of heads or other body parts. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see what is! I too would not have let without it or knowing what it was. Just have a seat and start building a sandcastle next to the target!

Good luck!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
If I thought it was a suit case, it would have been out of the hole if it took me all night to do it. However, I have seen woven mats that come off beach access points and they are usually held down by steel stakes. If your detector registers gold and silver differently than steel spikes and it is telling you it is not steel spikes you are signaling on then you need to dig it up ASAP. I recall one thread where a jewelry store was robbed and someone with a detector found the stash buried in the sand at the beach. On a personal note, I have found a full six pack of beer buried in the sand. I assume some kids were planning to come back for their stash later. You never know what might be buried in the sand or might have washed up.... HH, Beach Papa

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
I wanted to dig it up but I didn't want to draw attention.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and cut a hole maybe 8x8 with a cordless saws all to take a quick look first. If theirs body parts I'll call 911.

It's not a duffel bag or silt fence because the surface is firm yet yielding. My first impression was an old fabric covered suitcase and it sounded hollow when I tapped on it.

What ever it is I will post photos.

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
My Imagination got the better of me ! It wasn't 8 heads in a duffel bag or filled with millions in cash.

It turned out to be a pull tab in a void under retaining fabric.

Hats off to mandad76, wvdirtdigger, and Beach Papa for guessing correctly.

I guess the moral of this story is seek and ye shall find even if it's crap !!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hitting a pull tab that deep, says a lot about your machine...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you know.. Hopefully next time it's a suitcase full of silver and gold.. Thanks for the story thoug...

Samuelljackson

Dec 4, 2012
Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, CTX3030, Propointer, Vibrabrobe, stealth scoop.
Primary Interest:
Drug smugglers sometimes bury containers line this on the beach.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the times it's hurricane trash. Ton's and ton's of strange stuff ends up in the water carried back out by the storm surge.

It's moves around for years~ sometimes deeper, sometimes coming back to the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread