Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey everybody
So as many of you know I'm currently living in Cancun and not working. I devout more of my free time to metal detecting, I have been asked to keep you folks updated with the finds I find here in the Caribbean. If you like what you see like my video's and subscribe. I have other finds of my small collections of finds for your browsing :)

Right now I'm in Puerto Morelos at my aunt's house, it's about 90 degrees inside, least it feels that way with no AC. The beach has been ok, the weather has been bad, storms arriving and leaving every few hours it seems. One family sees me rush out of the water after seeing lightening strike VERY close (within 5 miles) and they continue to swim. Craziness!

This week has been my best week, I found my first gold, and now I've found 2 more rings.
A .925 ring with a moodstone?
A beautiful Junker I thought was worth showing.

Headed back out tomorrow to put in work, I REALLY want another gold, I have this feeling it will just happen tomorrow.
HH GL everyone!

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
The silver and even junker rings will keep you contented until the next gold.

Gold comes on it's own schedule...BUT the more you look the faster the schedule comes up!

Besides the obvious touristy beaches try to locate some older beaches that are less used now but were popular previous times. I'm not that familiar with Cancun but do knows there's an older less touristy part of town and maybe something similar in beaches?

Best of luck for your next gold! (it's there..and waiting for you) :hello2:

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
The silver and even junker rings will keep you contented until the next gold.

Gold comes on it's own schedule...BUT the more you look the faster the schedule comes up!

Besides the obvious touristy beaches try to locate some older beaches that are less used now but were popular previous times. I'm not that familiar with Cancun but do knows there's an older less touristy part of town and maybe something similar in beaches?

Best of luck for your next gold! (it's there..and waiting for you) :hello2:

Thank you DrJoePrime
Cancun has only been around since 1967, the massive hurricanes would have destroyed any old beaches, ill have to take a drive south towards Tulum area if you've visited before? It's hard to find historical information of the area, the websites I keep googling are for tourists. I'm going to find someone who might know, thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread