Is metal Detecting allowed on Puerto Ricos beaches ???

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is metal Detecting allowed on Puerto Rico's beaches ???

Looks like I'll be going to Puerto Rico in two weeks to help the wife with a family matter and was thinking of taking my machine but not sure if they are allowed.

We will be staying in a town SE of San Juan so the North Eastern beaches are the closest.

Upvote 0

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey did any of you detect Isla Verde beach? Will be cruising very soon and looking to go to the beach there. Looks like a huge beach.

I only detected near where we were staying on the north central part. Areceibo. There was a cut on the beach where the water never came over it was only 12 ft high but the top sand was about 6-8" deep in the water area, if you walked you sunk up to your ankles. So I didn't find anything. Also where we were staying was a private neighborhood, bot near any hotels. You should have better luck on the island, it looked way better than where we were.

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey did any of you detect Isla Verde beach? Will be cruising very soon and looking to go to the beach there. Looks like a huge beach.
Debby I was there last year and found two rings. I took my GoPro but unfortunately the mount broke but I did manage to take a video of what the beach looks like.

trainer

Feb 13, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
When you go to any beach in PR make sure you look very carefully at your surroundings ,especially make sure you carefully make a mental note of the people there some are always there watching for newbies and believe me if your sixth sense is not up to par you will end up a victim, its always good to have a partner a spouse is always useful. When I was there in the water that under toe can be very sneaky , I was taken far out with out any notice so be careful .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you plan to live in PR --best to learn Spanish

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Ivan I'm just going on a cruise!! Thanks Trainer but I'm going solo...will go to the beach with a carnival group so I won't be totally alone. Won't go far into the water if it is rough...I'm from the Philly area and we had a home at the Jersey shore so I have a respect for the water!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Just returned. Had a nice day at Isla Verde by the Intercontinental Hotel. Got a couple bucks in clad and a nice Triton Tungsten carbide ring. TONS of trash. Enjoyed myself.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I travel with a metal detector quite often. Only once did I bring it as carry on. All of the other times, I put it into hard case luggage and never had a problem. When I took it as carry on, I only took the coil and control box. The rest of the detector went into the case. I did this because my checked luggage was overweight. Now a days, the airlines kill you with charges if your baggage is too heavy.

Have good luck on your trip.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One other thought if you are taking it as carry on. Keep charged batteries in the detector, so you can turn it on if requested. I heard they now want to be able to power up electronics as you go through security. I was not asked in Sept, when I had my detector in my carry on, but you never know... however, they did scan it multiple times (back and forth) before releasing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions