It only takes just one....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....a hard day of metal detecting under the hot sun, the packing and unpacking, the cleanup afterwards, a few to-do task around the house, and then it's off to the shower, nice clean sheets on the bed, air conditioning, soft pillow, complete silence and darkness...ahhhh, the body and mind are drained and it's all just oh-so cozy. It's absolutely perfect! But then a after a few minutes of sleepy extasy there it is, that unmistakeable, ever annoying buzz that screams - MOSQUITO! Suddenly the perfect night has turned into a Hollywood horror movie with a seek and destroy sub plot - hard to believe just one tiny mosquito can cause so much disruption and bring about so much drama and chaos. I had originally planned on getting up early this morning and going to the beach but at 1am last night I was half-dressed with a rolled up newspaper in my hand investigating every nook and cranny and dark corner in the room. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Say hello to my little friend...
We are seeing more Asian tigers here in SWFL. I know just what your saying I yell at my girls constantly after sunset SHUT THE DOORS!!!! LOL aaahhh kids LOL.
skeeter.jpg

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When that happens to me, I just get up and spray the room for those b@st&rds and close door. After a few minute I open the door and turn on the ceiling fan and wait another few minutes. Then I climb back in bed and Ahhhhhhh, the sandman comes to give me the rest I deserve!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last week the department of health reported a confirmed case of Dengue flu here in Miami so we are extra careful when outside and making sure of closing the door real quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread