Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everybuddy,

I wanted to share with everyone my latest finds, I like keeping you guys updated on my metal detecting finds here in the Caribbean/Riveria Maya destination, your guys kind words motivate me to hunt more stuff up :)
I've been in Puerto Morelos for the past 5 days metal detecting, I arrived Monday at 2 and left Friday at 9. I spent in total 17 hours at the beach, today was my best day ever!
The coin is a nice plus but the highlight was being approached by a grandmother who later introduced me to her really cute 25 yr old granddaughter, we are going out to eat tomorrow! Metal detector's are chick magnets :)

On to the good stuff!
Today I found 4 junk jewelry pieces, 2 ear rings, a marijuana dog tag, and a really nice ring!

The best piece is the 1921 silver 50 centavos coin, it was far out. When I detect I walk straight into the water and back to shore. That's how I farm, half way through my hunt I'm at the farthest point I go, 25 feet from the shoreline is a drop off of sand, I check that area "extra good", this time I swung as far as my arm could extend and my DF beeped! I was thinking whoa? This is so far out, I check this area good but never expected a beep when I thought about it. Whatever it is it's in the burn, I took about 15 minutes trying to dig it up underwater, eventually I stood on the wooden handle with both feet. The stealth s2i wedged so deep could support me riding the handle like a surf board that I rode back and forth to try digging it up. When I found the coin I was extremely excited, by the end of the hunt I was thinking I wish I would have found a gold ring, I just want a gold ring to call my own, eventually :/

Check out my quick video! Like/Subscribe for more to come :)

IMAG0566.jpg IMAG0567.jpg

Happy hunting! GODBLESS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Cool Coin !! How deep does that drop off go because the chain might be down there and it could be a heavy one to boot.

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
I did find that cross so I'm content for the next month lol but if that wrong popped up between now and then I wouldn't mind :)

Guys, I went out to recover a wedding band these honey mooners lost, I found some loot later that night. It's a good story, I'm making a video tomorrow, you are not prepared :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread