Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So guys,I need your expertise advice,,I'm in waist deep water,I get a signal scoop,scoop,scoop,scoop,then I get a bell tone.Ive known to be told bell tones are big items:icon_scratch:,so do I snorkel down and try to fan it out or use my mini scooper,just the taught of having to leave makes me wonder if I left something good.One time I had bell tone it was a duracell batteryAnd on another time in dry sand I had a bell tone it was that heavy necklace
I'ts hard to retrieve the item b/c of the sand keep sinking everytime I scoop,and also how to discriminate our island rocks,makes you go bonkers,,HH Thank You all for all your inputs,I really take it to Heart,that's how I learn from you guys:icon_thumleft::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bell tones can be large items or also any item that is very near the surface and close to the coil!

chuck.

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the belltone on thursday,it turned out to be a very large tungsten carbide ring about an inch deep. I was only expecting another beer can.I will skip some of the deeper overload signals in the junky areas.I try to investigate all of these signals in the cleaner main swimming areas. You just never know! Happy hunting.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most times they are beer cans but yesterday I got a bell tone that was a nice Gerber pocket knife. It was in waist deep water, I felt it with my foot and picked it up. I love bell tones.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with seeker41. The fact that you scooped some then got a bell tone sounds like you had dug down enough that the target was close to your coil. I use high sensitivity and coins give me a bell tone when they're right under the surface of the sand. I found a 21 gram tungsten carbide band with a nice diamond in it and all it gave me was a bell tone. I find more good stuff than not when I get a bell tone. I actually get fired up when I hear that bell tone because I'm expecting something good. But then again I primarily hunt a fresh water swimming hole close to where I live and have cleaned out most bad targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread