Newly Designed Stealth 720i Scoop

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to add my 2 cents. I have a buddy who BENT his twice and broke 2 handles, once he had Chuck add those braces its been a non issue. Those braces distributes the pressure really well.... they may not look as strong but it puts the torque where it was needed not in one area on the back. The StarvR has them as well. If you try and take a huge bite with this long scoop ..... thats a lot of sand to move. Dew

Your buddy must eat a can of spinach every time he goes out and have the arms of Popeye. I have not even been able to put a nick or scratch in the older style stainless steel basket As for the wood handle, it looks new except I have worn the texture off the wood handle from heavy use.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir GC..... when he takes a scoop.... he takes a scoooop. Once Chuck added those rods we both could pull back on that puppy and not hurt it. He had that deer in the headlights looks once and i ended up having to finish digging his target while he ran back to get his tiny RGT to finish the day. Lookin.... yes it was the older model. I really like what Chucks done with the new design. Better foot rest, distribution of power, and you dont hit those U bolt nuts...... good job Chuck. You really listen to your customers.

Dew

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
My 720i arrived yesterday. It is massive and built like a tank. The ash handle fits perfectly into the scoop housing and the u bolts hold everything in place with no loose motion. As for the scoop istself. The back provides a great square steping platform . You can stand on it if you choose to. Im going to get it to the beach this weekend. I hope it functions as good as it looks. As for the modifications. The supports appear to be where they will provide structural support and strength and will keep the body from torqueing . I have a large RTG aluminum scoop. It has held up well . I pratically hang off of it sometimes when digging a deep target. I tend to put alot of pressure on my scoops and have bent a few in the past. I hooe thus scoops lives up to its reputation. I will let you know how I do. Update to follow.

OP
OP
Scanman

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 720i arrived yesterday. It is massive and built like a tank. The ash handle fits perfectly into the scoop housing and the u bolts hold everything in place with no loose motion. As for the scoop istself. The back provides a great square steping platform . You can stand on it if you choose to. Im going to get it to the beach this weekend. I hope it functions as good as it looks. As for the modifications. The supports appear to be where they will provide structural support and strength and will keep the body from torqueing . I have a large RTG aluminum scoop. It has held up well . I pratically hang off of it sometimes when digging a deep target. I tend to put alot of pressure on my scoops and have bent a few in the past. I hooe thus scoops lives up to its reputation. I will let you know how I do. Update to follow.

Thanks for beta testing. Hopefully Sandy dumped some treasure on the beach for you to find.

catamount

Greenie
Sep 12, 2013
New England, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my "newly redesigned 720i" today today, and used it tonight! Man does this thing take huge bites. I love it. Beautiful welds, sturdy design and great craftsmanship all around. I'm pretty sure I'll still be using this scoop in 10 or 15 years. Thanks, Chuck!

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the style before the reinforcements and the tubes. I can stand on it with both feet and take a huge bite. Just have to be careful that I can empty it!!!

OP
OP
Scanman

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my "newly redesigned 720i" today today, and used it tonight! Man does this thing take huge bites. I love it. Beautiful welds, sturdy design and great craftsmanship all around. I'm pretty sure I'll still be using this scoop in 10 or 15 years. Thanks, Chuck!

Welcome to T-Net!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check this out for longevity. I bought this in the early mid 90's from Sunspot. I can't guess the hours it has on it because it would be staggering. It is the original stick and there has been lots of treasure in that scoop. It is the only one I have ever used.

image.jpg

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I just got home fron tge beach. I put the 720i thru the paces and it performed beautifully. The scoop is well balanced. I was able to dig targets with ease, the shape of the scoops hull and pointed top slice thru wet sand like a hot knife thru butter. I dug deep . Stood on the back of the scoop and hung off the handle. Its a monster. I was able to sift off the scoops contents and eecover targets in the surf. It look like a winner!!!!!.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130913_200359.png
    ForumRunner_20130913_200359.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20130913_200440.png
    ForumRunner_20130913_200440.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
Scanman

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone, I have some great news. Sunspot contacted me and informed they found an old style bracket and I said send it!

I received my new Scoop today, Im calling it a hybrid, part old style and part new. I admit the skeptic that I am, I questioned the cost and durability, and while I have no experience with the new design, I think I more than likely stand corrected.

I had researched Scoops before I had made my mind up on a Stealth 720i, I have read reviews and seen youtube video's. Well I am here to tell you, until you have this monster in your hands, the pictures and video's just do not do it justice that it deserves. I attributed the cost to a specialty item, but once in my hands, I can really appreciate the quality and workmanship. I could not wait to try it out, so I went out in the rain, to a section in my yard where the topsoil is not very deep and kinda jumped on it, with all 215 lbs, and it sliced thru the topsoil down to the sand and did not even flex, fricken amazing. I have no doubt it will hold up to anything that I can throw at it. The handle is also so much better than any handle that I have seen. I am hard on everything I own, and I honestly think this Scoop will outlast me, and I plan on being around for a long time.

Chuck, I owe you an apology for calling out your product, I was in the wrong. I could not be happier with my purchase.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stealth scoops are works of art.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the sunspot scoop I bought last November and noticed in addition to the braces the back gives more room to step on and push the scoop into the sand. Several times when I was tired my foot slipped off the step on the back and this new design takes care of that. I used my scoop for nearly 6 hours Friday and could hardly get out of the water, but the scoop does all the work. I push, pull back on the handle, push and find items deep and if I can use it with my back and neck injury, anybody can. I would like to have a smaller width scoop for two areas at the river that have lots of tall water plants and they grow about 4-6 inches apart. These areas used to be used by swimmers and I know there are coins and jewelry there, but my present scoop is too wide. About 3 or 4 inches wide and about the same depth as what I have with my regular size scoop would do. If the new design is any better than what I have now, I wouldn't know what to do with myself in the water. Chuck has a lifetime customer with me. I love my scoop.

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I hit the beach again with my new 720i. Waiting for low tude I hit the dry sand. Although this is not a dry sand scoop, it kicks ass big time. Every target is up and out lickity split. 2 hours hitting the dry. walked away with 10$ in quarters. This scoop is the best I have ever owned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions