Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, did Naples make it a city or county park? That usually seems to be the trend when they know something is in the ground.
I liked what you said, you can metal detect all day long but no digging. Does that apply to state parks? I have been wanting to detect on Cayo Costa.
I have a couple of spots that may have goodies. What could a park ranger do if you were detecting but did not have any digging tools, just a note book with a lot of ID's?
Cayo Costa Island is all State Park,but it is also Haunted.Boat have left Boca Grande with metal detectors that work fine and when they get to the island they won't work.

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My surfmaster pro got cracks in the housing, due to driving around with it on a four wheeler, the next week I used it underwater and did not notice the cracks . Now the circuit board is corroded and it does not work. I guess Venice beach is haunted as well:)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not only haunted there are skunk apes too

My friend saw one 3 mike from my house which is just north of Ga/Fla line.

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it that the only people that see them are with out cameras and guns? Think about how many hunters there are in the US. They spend weeks on the woods each year and they never see one.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What could a park ranger do if you were detecting but did not have any digging tools, just a note book with a lot of ID's?

I was in the water with a detector outside the jurisdiction of ranger friendly at Desoto. He started yelling (in a friendly way) that I'm not allowed to be there, it's illegal, he's going to confiscate my stuff, he's calling his buddies... I tell him I'm outside his jurisdiction (which I was) but he gets all red faced and starts spouting out that the state of florida owns all the bottom lands under the water.... ad nauseam

I'm in a boat (anchored off shore) he's on a 4-wheeler.

~ just wasn't worth it anymore...

It's an interesting concept. Detecting without digging tools. It's not illegal to simply possess a detector in a state park that I know of. It's not illegal to listen to beeps either. (not yet anyhow)

I'd like to hear the story after you try it. I anchor out at Cayo Costa a lot and have wanted to detect there for some time. Keep us filled in.

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking next time tie your MD to a drift line ( short) that way no one can see it. I guess it is a good thing 4 wheelers don't float.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread