CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Clearwater to Venice take your pick. Right now St. Pete has jellyfish and bad weather the rest of the week!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the wreck in the Tampa area are in Restricted waters. Air Force Base.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is plenty of information on the computer if you keep doing your research. There are plenty of wrecks all along the gulf area. There have been lots of hurricanes in the gulf, or even just bad storms that have come ashore and many shipwrecks, just start researching port towns, storms, hurricanes, lost ships etc and one story will lead to other stories. A map of towns on the gulf helps, then look up the history of the town, even old maps are better, and then you will start to find that doors open all over the place. Good Luck. Also be familiar with any laws and claims or you could run into big trouble.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where there is a wreck here in Naples Fl. I can stand you wright on top of it and you can't do a thing about it.

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where there is a wreck here in Naples Fl. I can stand you wright on top of it and you can't do a thing about it.

Can you at least dive it?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd believe him! He's a pretty big looking dude! Lol. Just kidding Ron I think I know what you mean? Not allowed to detect it?

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is plenty of information on the computer if you keep doing your research. There are plenty of wrecks all along the gulf area. There have been lots of hurricanes in the gulf, or even just bad storms that have come ashore and many shipwrecks, just start researching port towns, storms, hurricanes, lost ships etc and one story will lead to other stories. A map of towns on the gulf helps, then look up the history of the town, even old maps are better, and then you will start to find that doors open all over the place. Good Luck. Also be familiar with any laws and claims or you could run into big trouble.

Well put..
I am willing to bet ..given some time you would be successful anywhere doing exactly that.
I know it works for me.
The biggest issue with the wrecks on the gulf side is they are under tons of sand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
You can only spend so much time researching, I have been couped up researching other projects and just want to get out and explore, that's why I started this thread.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can only spend so much time researching, I have been couped up researching other projects and just want to get out and explore, that's why I started this thread.
We all get tired of doing research at some time or another.....I have a tendency of getting hyped up and start making notes and delving in deeper. You can't expect people to come right out and tell you everything on each area....or they would have detected it out until they had their fill. Yes research takes time....but you will be happy in the long run for being enlightened so much more and also you have the facts and won't wonder if someone gave you truths. If you want to run right out and explore.....then do just that and do a all-around hunting for anything. Again, Good Luck

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd believe him! He's a pretty big looking dude! Lol. Just kidding Ron I think I know what you mean? Not allowed to detect it?

You can detect on it all Day long ,you just can't dig down to it .

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the story about it !! 4 to 500 years ago there was a canal here , the ship anchored here because of a hurricane . The storm sank it and cover it up ,over the years other storm have filled in the canal in . One year a hurricane uncovered part of it. At the time there was only 3 guy here in Naples that had detectors ( I miss those Days ).Over the years the City has cover it up by adding sand to the beaches. Now the is under 5 to 10 feet of sand. every now and then we still find Gold nugget in the area. The last nugget found was 3/4 of an Oz. HH Ron Lord

Harvo

Aug 17, 2013
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, did Naples make it a city or county park? That usually seems to be the trend when they know something is in the ground.
I liked what you said, you can metal detect all day long but no digging. Does that apply to state parks? I have been wanting to detect on Cayo Costa.
I have a couple of spots that may have goodies. What could a park ranger do if you were detecting but did not have any digging tools, just a note book with a lot of ID's?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread