Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting beach day for me. This particular stretch of my local beach just delivers on a regular basis.

I prefer hunting the wet sand but usually turn on my Dual Field a few yards from the wet. First sweep and the target in the scoop is a gold crucifix earring from the dry sand.

I'm thinking...hmmm maybe the other one is here too. Earrings are a lot more interesting in pairs. AND lo and behold just about two feet away I grabbed the other one! Total weight...about 11 grams.

The next 30 minutes in the wet sand it's just coins but I am not proud ... I accept them graciously. Then a huge signal and I had to get down to about 10" before it was in my scoop. AND it was huge! An Indian chief ring at about 9 grams.

I was about at the extreme edge of my range which is a lifeguard tower. There at about 6" deep a nice glittering gold chain bracelet. Weighed in at 15.6 grams.

So in my pouch along with quite a few coins I have these yellow items. Whenever I make a good find I am usually careful about not advertising it too loudly. No victory dance for me. I slip the item in my pouch and usually wait till I get back to my car and then try to locate the all important marks...like 18K or 14K or PLAT.

Darn..couldn't make out any marks on these items at all. Well I figured at home. But sadly...it appears the Indian chief is brass...it has a crystalline structure. No marks at 15X magnification on the earrings or chain.

SO..not my best score but a fun hunt where the dream stayed alive ... for a little while.

Upvote 0

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you acid test those earrings? They look like they have a screw on type backing.....usually a good sign. The Indian ring is dam cool....even if its just brass.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Nice hunt, to bad about the ring. Don't know how many times I've been told "gold earrings will have a screw on holder" or something more substantial, instead of just a wire for the pierced ear.... I was really hoping you could prove that wrong.....those looked good to me!
Cliff

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Dr. Joe, those are real nice finds; maybe check out those earrings further..they look so good !

I like that Indian ring and the bracelet , also:hello2:

HH

Lorraine

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
You might want to change your name to Dr. Feelgood for the day. Those are some nice finds !!!! Get a gold and silver testing kit they are cheap. I found an Indian Chief ring last month that I thought was trash because it had no markings and tested positive for Silver.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, Congrats on an adrenaline filled day hunting!!
get the acid test kit!

SnT

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! It will always be the thrill of the hunt and watching the sand sluice away from those yellow tickets in the scoop.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
I actually have several gold items that are not marked but test positive for 14k. Not all gold is marked, particularly if it is custom made, or made outside the US. Those finds look good to me.... Keep it up. Beach Papa

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds even if there not gold...congrats on a good hunt.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Joe, When I ran into you this evening, I now know why you didn't disclose which beach you were at prior.
NICE finds !! - TomB

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt even if they turn out to be costume jewelry.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen these Indian rings posted before and I would so love to find one. Hard to find men's rings that are distinctive, and yours certainly is.

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when that happens, it's like pulling out those stainless steel rings. At first you think you have a nice men's silver wedding band then boom, your balloon pops and you realize it's just stainless. Still gives you enough of a thrill to keep you coming back though :-)

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,,Dr.Joe,you did well,awesome Hunt,,many more:headbang::spam4:

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey another neighbor..

Hi Joe

All very nice pieces... especially the ring, but you should test them. I got the adrenalin going last week when I pulled a big fat, what I thought was, an awesome gold bracelet...but noooo!. Just a gold plated stainless steel knock off....it fooled me until I got home.

Rich

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine my excitement when I dug this. It's stamped 14k, has the air holes for the stones, thought I had a beauty until I had it tested. It's 14k but the stones are glass :-( It was still an awesome find though :-)

ForumRunner_20131017_234458.png

ForumRunner_20131017_234528.png

ForumRunner_20131017_234551.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread