SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No advice since I haven't used mine on salt water, but there is a Tnet member, Gravediggermax, who used his 705 quite a bit in the wet sand and shallow ocean water. He videos it and it seemed to work fine. I did ask where his sensitivity was set and he said 16. Good luck and let me know how it works for you.

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a google search- plenty of info. I still use the beach mode in AM with a 18.75 5x10 coil w auto tracking. I change the sensitivity when i get too many false signals. Many use different coils & modes w good results. If you have one-bring a pin pointer for the tiny targets that will fall thru a scoop. 705 is very sensitive. A PP will save you time.
Sequins on one beach were making me crazy.
When I encounter a lot of trash I -most times-toggle to mode 1 to see if I get an audio indication of iron. Other then that-I dig everything.

OP
OP
T

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like hurricane Karen wiil past east of gulfport I plan on working beach sunday ...weather permitting. .what part to beach to hurt after rough weather.thanks using stock minelab 705

OP
OP
T

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got skunked! Worked for 3 hours nothing to write home about...the goid news I get to md in audubon park!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread