Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very informative thank u! I just purchased the Excalibur 2 after quite a bit of research. I hope I made a good decision as it was quite expensive. I almost bought the surfmaster dual. Hopefully I mad the right decision. I should receive my Excalibur by Tuesday February 3rd. Can anyone give me some insight into the Excalibur 2? Thank you! Jim

Excal II should pay for itself in no time, is it on the wet and water as much as possible,

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very informative thank u! I just purchased the Excalibur 2 after quite a bit of research. I hope I made a good decision as it was quite expensive. I almost bought the surfmaster dual. Hopefully I mad the right decision. I should receive my Excalibur by Tuesday February 3rd. Can anyone give me some insight into the Excalibur 2? Thank you! Jim
Being a ex owner of a Dual field and a current owner of a excalibur 1000 I'll give my opinion to help ease your mind on weather you made the right choice or not. First off I feel you made a wise choice and spared yourself a lot of aggravation of the dual fields coil flipping up in the ruff surf and from digging the constant supply of iron targets the beach has to offer a beach hunter. There's nothing like not breaking your back anymore digging a target in a constantly collapsing hole in the wet sand just to find that you've just exhausted yourself to recover a iron target. Your choice rewards are your machine telling you "leave this one for the salty sea!".

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Very informative video about the sounds of different targets with the Excal II. Watched AND listened to the video over and over again and now ready for the beach!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative video about the sounds of different targets with the Excal II. Watched AND listened to the video over and over again and now ready for the beach!
Every time the excal nulls rotate 90° and re-sweep, if there is gold by the iron it will show it, that us when it is important to re-sweep nulls from different direction.

Volume is always maxed out and NO discrimination... If target doesn't null dig it......

bwstephen

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
You can't beat an Excalibur, just dig everything. I bought the TRex sand scoop and made my digging easy. I found a 18K Tiffany ring my first two weeks in South Carolina. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451629796.020637.jpg

H2oHunter

May 4, 2012
Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garett, Fisher, Troy Whtes.
Primary Interest:
WTG nice catch WTG

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
nice ...One of my excal hunts. Cartier 18k

SBMatt

Greenie
Dec 22, 2015
Goleta, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered an Excal from Kellyco today (Thanks Scott!) so looking forward to trying these settings and recommendations out.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LawrencetheMDer The Excalibur when running in All metals mode is a deep detecting machine and I find good targets in the 10 - 13" range that are missed by many other metal detectors.[/QUOTE said:
I found that out today, works great!!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I would have seen that video along time ago. All my knobs fell off about 2 years ago anyway. Had to epoxy coil back in the shaft when it fell off one day. But I love that machine im not complaining. Its just a tool to me. Like a hammer there are many different brands but they all do the same thing, some a little better than others. My excaliber is my favorite hammer. !!!

bocaratonmatt78

Greenie
Aug 9, 2012
Treasure coast
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just charging up my new Excalibur now. I look forward to trying out these settings. Great video :-) I'm really a newbie with metal detecting etc. so this has helped a lot.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Good Luck and Safe Hunting...
I'm just charging up my new Excalibur now. I look forward to trying out these settings. Great video :-) I'm really a newbie with metal detecting etc. so this has helped a lot.

drafter

Greenie
Jan 15, 2016
Florida East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030--Tesoro UMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the CTX for a few years and love it but have considered the Excal. Thanks for the video. It's a great help deciding.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using the CTX for a few years and love it but have considered the Excal. Thanks for the video. It's a great help deciding.

Drafter, you've been around 9 months with your 5th post! I'm responding to your post mostly because I began my 40 year career in engineering as a draftsman, and very obviously took your username as reference...

I'd advise you to continue considering the Excal. It is a proven force in the water, and I love my CTX. Watch the for sale forums here and you'll see them surface rather often for affordable bucks.

And, I'll throw this in. Get involved here and you'll find friends. You'll also learn more than you can imagine through personal interactions.

Keep the faith! There's wonders to be found.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Drafter, you've been around 9 months with your 5th post! I'm responding to your post mostly because I began my 40 year career in engineering as a draftsman, and very obviously took your username as reference...

I'd advise you to continue considering the Excal. It is a proven force in the water, and I love my CTX. Watch the for sale forums here and you'll see them surface rather often for affordable bucks.

And, I'll throw this in. Get involved here and you'll find friends. You'll also learn more than you can imagine through personal interactions.

Keep the faith! There's wonders to be found.

Great advise! You really can find some good friends here [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Been a while since I've posted on this thread but now that Ive used the Excal for nearly 2 yrs I have to say it is my preferred machine. I like it even over my CTX. In the water it is a MUST! I use a PP toggle switch and can swap out coils with a quick disconnect. It's a simple machine. Hunt in PP. When you hear a target, switch to discrim. If it hits both ways DIG IT! If you hear faints in PP and nothing in Discrim. Dig a hole or two. Then check again. MANY times an initial tone will change. Also if you're digging a target and suddenly its "GONE" dig another time or two. It most likely will magically re-appear.
Air testing is VERY different than digging REAL targets that are 10+ inches down. Soil conditions, water action, direction of swing, speed of swing, and what you ate for breakfast can all play in how it "reads" to you. For the most part I've given up on trying to decipher tones other than obvious foil. To me aluminum and pennies and rings all sound the same. I run full volume, full sens, discrim 1 and threshold like an upset mosquito in my ear and hunt in PP and switch on a target to verify. Hope this helps.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep if hunting in PP try turning threshold to where if you turn it any lower threshold with disappear, I have found a free many hours of testing by doing this I can hear even deeper targets that I can't hear if you turn the threshold up like the tiny mosquitoes your ear.

I have quarter buried at 18" in my test garden that I can hear with 10" coil this way and if I turn up threshold to like a mosquito I can't hear it, threshold drowns it out.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info for the newby. But they need to know in the field it is going to be a learning process. Until you hear these sounds several times in and out of the water you will not remember the tones. Best thing is, if your new dig everything! I repeat dig everything! If I'm having a slow day I will confirm what I think the tone is by digging it anyway. Don't know if you don't dig. Happy hunting everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread