Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2013
    190 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

Here are good settings and the sounds for the minelab Excalibur 2 metal detector. Of course it will need to be adjusted to fit your environment but this is a great basic guide.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Oct 05, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

us
    RUXPIN

May 2013
    203 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    good stuff
    I like the beach!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    22979 times
    Paulin, thank you for posting the video, it is worth stiking it so it stays at the top of the forum....
    Sandman likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

May 2013
    190 times
    Thank you

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3944 times
    Nice video for the newbies to the Excal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NRA2.JPG 
Views:	766 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	878242
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jul 2013
    Grand Island Fl
    excal2 and bhid
    19 times
    pauln luv mine, gonna have to change my name now...

Oct 2006
    Texas
    Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Whites DFX, Minelab Explorer II, Excalibur 1000, Minelab XP18000,
    64 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thanks for the info on the battery charge.
    bigtimedeal likes this.

us
    Mar 2007
    Hudson Fl.
    Excal
    578 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This is one of the best intsructions for the newbie I've seen. You did a great job. It's also a good refresher course for us old f#*@. Thanks!
    bocaratonmatt78 likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    New Jersey
    Minelab
    7 times
    Thanks for posting your info. One of the reasons I come to this site is for great info. Send more! I am always learning something and it's good to see how others are using their detectors.

Thanks
    P.S. battery charge info I now use every time I go out detecting.

us
    Apr 2012
    Irving Texas and the beach
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
    411 times
    thanks pauln, nice video

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    3198 times
    Thank you for the informative video!

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" Butterfly coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil Whites (1970s)
    695 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Adobe flash doesn't work for everyone and I, for one, don't use it. Love more info on charging the Excalibur and what the video might say on the topic. My rule of thumb is to charge twice the run time. For example, if I MD for 6 hrs I'll charge it for 12 hrs. One for one isn't enough and after time the battery will run down. There are numerous stories of the Excalibur battery not lasting long, but if you charge right and DO NOT keep it plugged in for days or weeks at a time the battery should last. I have used mine for over a year now and just put 12 hrs of heavy detecting on it and the battery was fine. I'm now charging it for 24 hrs. You also have to condition the battery and let it run down and then fully recharge it, perhaps a few times a yr.
    The charger and battery that come with the unit have been described by others as “useless”. I used to charge the unit on a 1:1 basis but the original charger and battery have no indicator of how much the battery is charged; as a consequence, I ran the MD low, giving me experience in the signs of low battery power of the unit:
    1. Unpredictable, random, 1-2 second whine sound; not any of the usual detecting sounds of the unit and it cannot be repeated at will.
    2. No threshold control. Unit produced a constant and fairly loud "threshold" sound as soon as the unit was turned-on (ie knob positioned just past "on" position at 9 O’clock.) or after a few minutes of use. Usually, my threshold signal is about 1pm. As the battery wore down the threshold sound increased in loudness.
    3. Unit lost volume control - a constant loud "threshold" sound was heard regardless of where the volume knob was turned.
    4. Unit could still detect certain targets, but the loud uncontrollable threshold sound prevented continued use.
    I recharged the battery for 20 hours and the unit worked as new.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Excal 1000, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 720i, TRX
    4029 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The video posted by pauln states that a full charge is 14 volts and the need for full recharge is 11.2 volts. You can use a DC volt meter to test it. I personally don't like to do partial charges but I will in a pinch. It's best to just have an extra battery to swap out. If you're diving, it will have to be another rechargeable but if you're just in the surf or beach, the alkaline pod works great. Also, unlike the demonstration, I would recommend hunting in pin point and flick the switch over to discrimination to test for iron. You'll get an extra 2 inches or so doing that. Dig all non-ferrous and any iffy sounds. I keep my discriminate knob all the way to left at 1. I don't want to miss a nice little platinum ring. I only adjust the sensitivity knob if there is major EMI or real nasty black/mineralized sand. Otherwise, I run it flat out!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

zm
    Nov 2012
    637 times

Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

Great video to have with instruction from Joe at Reilly's. Had much instruction on other machines from him in the past but not the excal. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by lost items recovery; Nov 30, 2014 at 05:19 PM.
    bocaratonmatt78 likes this.

ca
    May 2012
    Canada
    Minelab, Garett, Fisher, Troy Whtes.
    2 times
    Cool video I will try the settings on my next trip thanks
    The Best Beach Hunters Dig all Targets
    Silver Seekeers, FMDAC, The Geritol Metal Detecting Gang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads