wich metal sub??

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello to all, i'm a new on detecting world, i need to make a decision about 3 of metal detector: garrett sea hunter mark2, fisher cz 21 and minelab excalibur, in your opinion wich would be the best and the easier to set in all condition??
i tried cz 21 and sea hunter too for a little air test, but never tried minelab, the thing that worried me most of all is the ground balance, i know the cz 21 has the manual g.b. while the mine has an auto g.b.
wich is the more efficient for all type of search??
i mean, if i get cz21 how often do i have to set the g.b. without lose something good and the mine auto g.b. could even lose something about that??

i hope to be clear in my post, thanx everyone

bye

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hunting fresh or salt water??

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ21 and Excal are pretty close in performance...research the features of the two and see which one fits you...you wont go wrong with either.

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I really like the sea hunter it's simple to use interchange coils and headphones at will is a plus but I'm bias to, it's great on clean beaches and plenty deep, but there all fantastic machines , tiderider

OP
OP

4helements

Oct 21, 2013
middle of Italy
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & Exc. 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx everyone, how i said the only problem with the machine is the ground balance, on the sea hunter there is no problem about that, but maybe it isn't the right choice for wet sand.
i know the excalibur has auto g.b. and this could let you more confortable during the search but the question is...the excal could lose something during auto adjust g.b.??
and on the other case every often cz21 needs to make g.b. and it tell you when he needs that??

thanx to all

good hunt, bye

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about a Sand shark, Go's deeper than H#ll, cost about $630, and has a life time warrant and will out proform .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread