OK, Im A Dork....

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
OK, I'm A Dork....

We took a trip to Texas last couple of weeks. I got to see Garrett's Facility and ARA's new building. I am cutting up videos now for the stuff I have found over the past couple of days. I saw this picture and realized that some of you guys may not know how addicted I am to metal detecting and how much of dork I can be sometimes. We did a lot of fun things on our trip and ate great. However, the highlight of the trip for me was getting to meet the people at Garrett, pick up a new detector and got to meet the guys/girls at ARA (American recycling associates). It was nice to meet the people that I send gold to every couple of months. They are a HUGE operation and are not playing around. They are a small family business and treat me like I am the only one that matters. After visiting their new facility and saw how much volume they are dealing with, it made me realize that they don't know who I am when I call there and the little bit of gold I send them is NOTHING to what they refine on a daily basis. My point to this little rambling story is that when a company, no matter the size, treats their customers like each one is important and they will do anything to make the customer happy.....well, lets just say that, ARA will always get my business. Something some of these metal detecting companies should think about when they get machines breaking after 2 and 3 months old.

Attachments

• ARA.JPG
    ARA.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
yes you are a dork but you are so right! lol And you are an awesome dork Chris!!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a cool trip! Would have enjoyed it just as much as u did. Use ARA myself and found them pleasant and courteous whenever I called.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot for the information. I have been thinking about sending some gold over to ARA, I have heard good things; though I was still a bit leary. I have made my mind up and am going with ARA after your post recommendation. :occasion14:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did nothing but reinforce my feelings about ARA.... all my vacations in the past few years have revolved around metal detecting....if that is the meaning of "dork" I guess I qualify too!

Thanks

Cliff

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man...Thats a great representation you gave for ARA...I actually work about 15 minutes away from there and was thinking of stopping in one day with my gold...Your story makes me feel a little more comfortable to do so.

And its all good...we're all dorks on here :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread