Stumbled onto something

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My second hobby is photography so my wife and I headed out yesterday to shoot some pictures of the color change.

We drive to the center of Belle Isle Park in Detroit which has a small road through the woods. I stopped at a spot and walked back into the woods about 30 feet. My wife followed me and saw a cross hanging from a tree! I had walked right past it!

Why was it there? Who knows.

She was thrilled.

Sort of off topic, but this is the type of item I find in the water 8-)

Chuck

Attachments

• Carmen find 2.jpg
    Carmen find 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Carmen find 4.jpg
    Carmen find 4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 158
  • color change 1.jpg
    color change 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 143
  • color change 2.jpg
    color change 2.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hippie types leave prayers in these objects...have left my share, and found a few...the fun part is wearing the piece an having the person who set it in place see you wearing the
object...then you get the full story

great find...:hello:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta take finds where they appear and thank God for your blessings. What are the odds of this happening? Beautiful cross.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the fall colors......I miss seeing it, smelling it, and I miss the still of the woods and the sound of autumn leafs shuffling about my feet. But most of all I miss that slow opening of the window, that season when the full mystery within a forest is gradually revealed. Soon the color will be gone, the various shades of greys and browns laced in a layer of pure white. The air is much thinner now and if you listen closely, I mean really listen, you can often hear the fresh snowflakes touching down. Brows lowered, eyes squinting in defense of the brightness, it seems as if one can look directly into the heartbeat of the forest now, and if he tries, I mean really tries, he can. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
might want to look for a body

Nah, they just leave them in vacant lots there now, cops won't catch them anyway.

Alas, Metro-Detroit..... Guess that's my 2nd home, many years spent working up there. Actually bought my first detector up there, hitting the parks, schools, ball fields & beaches around Monroe in '81. There's a scout camp just West of Toledo, my first IH there, and home of the 22 straight silver dimes I dug once.... They weren't a pocket spill either, individuals a few feet apart each dime.

Great find on Belle Isle! Maybe it will bring you luck!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great pics, Chuck, and a great find!

Sometimes these treasures pop up where you least expect them; I once found a gold earring in a wooden bird house !

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions