San Fransisco Area Beaches???

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im headed out to California this week to visit some family.....can anybody recommend any beaches in the San Francisco area to hunt? Ive only been out there once before and I know the weather in that area can be pretty funky, not sure whats around for beaches to hunt.

Maybe just North or South of San Fran??

Upvote 0

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I honestly do not know because I never went to California. I would like to say that I like the profile! Very pirate like!:skullflag:

Bombguy

Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not too close to San francisco but I hunt Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk... its yielded some great finds.- bombguy

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
cliff-house-beach-seal-rocks-san-francisco-california.jpg

4273487108_20cf7d82e9_o.jpg

pc239-beach-playland.jpg Playland on the left.

Last edited:

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I been to sf this time of year, its super cold, ended up buying a winter jacket when i was there, water temp is cold, thats why they said no one could escape from alcatraz, the cold water no one could survive the swim. But I would go for it anyway :) always do, just be prepared for the cold

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were just up there a couple of weeks ago. Worked @ Stinson Beach and was asked to move north by the local lifeguard/ranger. I was 200' into National Park Land Beach, no medal detecting. I knew there was a line somewhere but I guessed wrong, it all looked the same to me, no signs... They were nice and just pointed north and said "over there is ok". Also hunted the beach , south of the Cliff House,
off of the Great Hwy. On the ocean side of Hwy 1 or 19th St. Take Geary St. over to the coast. Miles of beach plus you can go into Golden Gate Park and try your luck.

Rich

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im headed out to California this week to visit some family.....can anybody recommend any beaches in the San Francisco area to hunt? Ive only been out there once before and I know the weather in that area can be pretty funky, not sure whats around for beaches to hunt.

Maybe just North or South of San Fran??

Hi Shawn,

I can tell you what I would do if I was heading to SF ... I would do the same thing I do in SoCal before heading to beaches, and I know these beaches.
Between Google Earth and Google Map, I scope out sandy beach areas close to any sort of action, i.e. Pier, Fun Zone, Hotels, Restaurants, parks on a bluff above the beach, Or anything else you can spot that makes a popular beach. Lots of research will get you lots of finds.
I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread