The game starts changing now

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother nature is starting to stir, those northeasters starting to become more evident as we tip-toe into November and December. For those who can, and for those who are still willing to swing their thing on the beach despite the change in seasons then there is, perhaps, no better time to be on the beach. From now through about April/May, depending on the arrival of those warmer southerly winds, the beach will experience a great deal of change, more in some places then in others. All summer long the sand has continued to pile up one heap after the other but now mother nature is slowing gearing up to reclaim a great deal of it. In the months ahead she's going frequently strip the sand from the beach, those deep targets below often becoming exposed, and at least for a short period of time, left unprotected and well within range of your machine. If the fury of the sea gets angry enough some targets will even get cast onto the beach from their underwater haunts. It's usually chilly hunting and sometimes it's down right cold, sometimes even bitter cold, but for many who choose to endure these discomforts it will be worth it, their pockets and pouches often bringing treasure home. It's seldom easy hunting and it's seldom all that much fun, tis the season for the hardiest of the lot and you can bet they're preparing for it, if they're not already prepared, which is far more likely. Now it's just a matter of time, the waiting game, as Mother nature is finally on the move again. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Geeeee I hope you are right..... but I may have to drive over to your side to find some sand movement in the right direction.... ours just moves down off the dry.....

Cliff

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds exciting the hunt is what it all about good luck to everybody

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeeee I hope you are right..... but I may have to drive over to your side to find some sand movement in the right direction.... ours just moves down off the dry.....

Cliff

We've been getting some of that as well. Still way too much sand on the beach. The last two times I've went nearly "everything" was still monster deep, yesterday was no exception. So it's still going to be a while. Maybe a few good spots coming and going here and there as the sand starts getting moved around.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bid summer a big farewell from the Treasure Coast!
FINALLY

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big swell is forecast for the next few days on the East coast of Florida...if it moves some sand Im heading over there.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope..swell was cancelled ..haha
Just joking..best of luck to everyone this winter.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big swell is forecast for the next few days on the East coast of Florida...if it moves some sand Im heading over there.

Let me know if you come my way and maybe we can hookup. I don't expect this round to do much for us, but it could be a good start. Only time will tell. :dontknow:

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have had a NNE wind @ 15 to 20 mph for two days now. I went to the surf today for about 4 hours and had a great time, the onshore temps were 60 degrees or so. There were a few coins fully exposed down at the water line blown up by the rough surf, but it's still sanded in around here above the water line. Most everything that I was digging was way down deeeep in the mulch. Although, this system so far has helped move some of the soft summer sand out, still got a lot more to go.

I can never understand the mindset of the bikini's walkin' around gettin' sand blasted by a Noreaster in 60 degree November weather ..... But it's ok, I don't mind at all .. LOL!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had a NNE wind @ 15 to 20 mph for two days now. I went to the surf today for about 4 hours and had a great time, the onshore temps were 60 degrees or so. There were a few coins fully exposed down at the water line blown up by the rough surf, but it's still sanded in around here above the water line. Most everything that I was digging was way down deeeep in the mulch. Although, this system so far has helped move some of the soft summer sand out, still got a lot more to go.

I can never understand the mindset of the bikini's walkin' around gettin' sand blasted by a Noreaster in 60 degree November weather ..... But it's ok, I don't mind at all .. LOL!

I have a pair of tinted swimming goggles that I'll wear sometimes when the sand/wind is really blowing. Just can't seem to find them with bifocals. :laughing7:

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of tinted swimming goggles that I'll wear sometimes when the sand/wind is really blowing. Just can't seem to find them with bifocals. :laughing7:

Yep, I know what you mean Scoop. I usually wait for everything to settle back down a little after a good hard NE blow before getting on the beach. But I really wanted to take my Excal out on our first date today, so we got good and sandblasted together. I had to stop in at a convenient store and wash the grit out of my eyes so that I could see how to drive home....My RayBans just couldn't keep all of the dirt and salt out, besides I can't even find my googles anymore, I was just looking for them last weekend!!! LOL...OH Well..???

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What headphones do well to keep out the howling wind?

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What headphones do well to keep out the howling wind?

I plugged the drain holes in my stock yellows with "blue tack" for the time being, or you can use "silly putty", or just cover them up with electrical tape if they are hard wired into your control box. That by itself will surely help, but it wont solve the complete wind noise problem by itself. If they aren't hard wired there are several that have high reviews. I have heard some really good things about Grey Ghost, Black Widows, Sun Ray's,... and White's Pro Stars are good plug in HP's. I am going to replace mine with something better as soon as my warranty runs out.

I'll be honest with you, wind noise is really a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes when I am on the surf and the wind is really whipping I will pull the hood of my sweater jacket over my headphones and tie the draw strings. That seems to help me hear my machine better, and it muffles the screaming wind to a to a tolarable level.

There are a lot of guys on this site who have much more experience on this subject than I do, and I'm sure that they can be much more specific and knowledgeable. I am going to do the same thing as you later on, but for now I'm just plugging the holes and gettin' by until I can change mine out. Maybe some of this will help you until you make a choice.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice wind and waves here but they are east/northeast and mostly east!!!!! not ideal but better than nothing and a good start!!! I wonder if Brevard county started there beach renourishment as planned on nov 1st? if so they may have already lost some of their sand!!!:laughing7:

hey scoop,......some goodies may get washed out and up from their deeper hiding spots for sure!:thumbsup:

chuck.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plugged the drain holes in my stock yellows with "blue tack" for the time being, or you can use "silly putty", or just cover them up with electrical tape if they are hard wired into your control box. That by itself will surely help, but it wont solve the complete wind noise problem by itself. If they aren't hard wired there are several that have high reviews. I have heard some really good things about Grey Ghost, Black Widows, Sun Ray's,... and White's Pro Stars are good plug in HP's. I am going to replace mine with something better as soon as my warranty runs out.

I'll be honest with you, wind noise is really a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes when I am on the surf and the wind is really whipping I will pull the hood of my sweater jacket over my headphones and tie the draw strings. That seems to help me hear my machine better, and it muffles the screaming wind to a to a tolarable level.

There are a lot of guys on this site who have much more experience on this subject than I do, and I'm sure that they can be much more specific and knowledgeable. I am going to do the same thing as you later on, but for now I'm just plugging the holes and gettin' by until I can change mine out. Maybe some of this will help you until you make a choice.

Thanks! I did the plugs for the Excal. I have old Garrett's for the Sov. Think I'll go for the Sun rays. I,too, do the hood over the phones. So glad I'm not vain:laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
79 on the beach down here in Florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread