P.I. Machines

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What, you don't enjoy digging a few extra holes?

Attachments

• stuff2.jpg
    stuff2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What, you don't enjoy digging a few extra holes?
No not really! I'd rather spend my time swinging for a good target then digging a sinking iron target for 10 minutes which I've experienced way to often. Especially with a bad back! Your picture reminds me of just how miserable I was digging iron! Repeated failure 6 times to be exact with a unnamed machine rated for under water use that leaked repeatedly in two locations after repairs, part replacement , and even exchanged machines is enough to make any one leave that brand! $30 a pop in shipping costs ads up quick to the point of thinking I could have put those funds into a new machine. Some of you might remember my posts or rather my messages about the problems I continuously was experiencing out of respect for the company I kept the problems silent! A dud machine 1-2 times I could see but 6 times with one model,come on! A hunting buddy's machine was problem free for about 14 months then is coil leaked and he hasn't been back out hunting in 2 and a 1/2 months. I tried to hold on for a quality built machine from this company but it just wasn't there. Held on more then most but couldn't hold on anymore, lost the grip and let it go.

Last edited:

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not normal. I have come to realize that but I am ok with it. After digging deep junk nugget detecting in hard ground digging trash on a beach is actually pleasant. I just wander along, get a beep, dig it up, put it in the pouch. Not a care in the world, having a great time, relaxed as can be. Life does not get much better than detecting on a quiet beach, which by coincidence I will be doing today. Off season, no people, just me and my detector.

I am addicted to raw PI power and every time I go to VLF I feel like I am skimming the surface leaving stuff behind. I have seen discrimination systems lie and lie and lie and so have no faith in them when hunting jewelry except when cherry picking.

So I just go along and dig the hair pins and bottle caps and pull tabs and common coins and with a hot PI even staples and little bits of wire. I use my nugget scoop a lot for that little stuff.

Sometimes I actually find some jewelry, though usually it is not worth a lot. And every once in awhile I make a find that makes me stop and think about how great life is and how much fun I am having. And then I dig some more stuff, mostly trash, just having the best of times.

I am not in a race. I am not calculating good finds per hours. I am just doing what I like doing best, getting out detecting. Fabulous finds totally optional, I am still enjoying myself.

But that is just me. And as I said, I do not think I am normal.

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I don't mind digging with a PI , and sure don't mind hitting depths VLFs can't reach , like going to a virgin hunt site! Either you love'em or hate 'em

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He who digs the most trash, finds the most treasure. It's been proven time and time again.

As for iron, if you know your machine, you'll only dig it, if you want to dig it,
and that refers right back to the original statement above.

Hunt on!

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-3189004194.jpg
This was dug with an Excalibur in discriminate I wonder sometimes what I have left behind

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
He who digs the most trash, finds the most treasure. It's been proven time and time again. As for iron, if you know your machine, you'll only dig it, if you want to dig it, and that refers right back to the original statement above. Hunt on!
If it works for you roll with it!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not normal. I have come to realize that but I am ok with it. After digging deep junk nugget detecting in hard ground digging trash on a beach is actually pleasant. I just wander along, get a beep, dig it up, put it in the pouch. Not a care in the world, having a great time, relaxed as can be. Life does not get much better than detecting on a quiet beach, which by coincidence I will be doing today. Off season, no people, just me and my detector.

I am addicted to raw PI power and every time I go to VLF I feel like I am skimming the surface leaving stuff behind. I have seen discrimination systems lie and lie and lie and so have no faith in them when hunting jewelry except when cherry picking.

So I just go along and dig the hair pins and bottle caps and pull tabs and common coins and with a hot PI even staples and little bits of wire. I use my nugget scoop a lot for that little stuff.

Sometimes I actually find some jewelry, though usually it is not worth a lot. And every once in awhile I make a find that makes me stop and think about how great life is and how much fun I am having. And then I dig some more stuff, mostly trash, just having the best of times.

I am not in a race. I am not calculating good finds per hours. I am just doing what I like doing best, getting out detecting. Fabulous finds totally optional, I am still enjoying myself.

But that is just me. And as I said, I do not think I am normal.

I think all of us that started as nuggetshooters feel this way Steve. It's a day at the beach! :occasion14:

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I enjoy just getting to and swinging to Steve, good finds are a plus but , I love it either way as long as I have my PI ,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions