rumors of gold okd gold

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure where the info on that blog came from ...but I can guarantee that if I found it and now saw this.... the first thing I would be is a bit aggravated ...and the last thing I would do is advertise.
Just sayin.

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Aggravation is a part of life. Paranoia is a developed trait. There is such thing as a bank. Oh I forgot we are paranoid of them

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you don't get it.
The point is nobody wants To show up To their favorite spot and Have it look like Disney World or the surface of the Moon.
If you've been doing this for any length of time And met any of the old timers You'd be astounded at how far they go To avoid causing Even one extra person to show up..and I don't blame folks who do that at all.
Number one rule.... if someone asks you if you found anything ..the answer is always ... "just junk and pocket change."
It's smart not "paranoid" as you say.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• gold cache 002.jpg
    gold cache 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Dude you need to back off. Everyone posts finds. The dolphin are biting dont tell anyone or disney might start a fishing resort. Comon man whats the prob. There are no specfics in showing a find. Its a big beach out there and a much bigger ocean. Calm down preacher I mean gator. Go noles

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'll do that...... Dude.
Preacher.. that's a good one.
I'll back off alot actually.
It's pretty rare to get someone giving timely info and experience freely about shipwreck beach hunting conditions and finds.
I'm going back to posting finds when conditions stink like the others I know... most folks who consistently do well never post on social media sites at all.
It's been real.. "later"

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of half reales found with this one.

ForumRunner_20131110_145627.png

ForumRunner_20131110_150037.png

ggg.jpeg

ForumRunner_20131110_150418.png

ForumRunner_20131110_150604.png

Last edited:

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice spike (and of course the other stuff)..... you should have seen how much that stuff was selling for at this weekends Pirate show in St. Aug.

-David

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spike (and of course the other stuff)..... you should have seen how much that stuff was selling for at this weekends Pirate show in St. Aug.

-David

Thanks man. Got a more recent one too.
I'll take a photo now.
Happy hunting everyone

ForumRunner_20131110_152111.png

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I care very little about what I find or don't find, not going out with specifics other then a beep in the ear and to have some quality me time. I tend to wander away from people as to avoid the conversation. Enjoy meeting other detectorist but for me it's not to ask what's in the pouch as much as just a friendly wave, or light pillow talk. I do post majority of my finds mostly because it's modern. If someone posts something that's great, if not that's great to as long as your having as much fun as I do. Which is super fun time. If I have cake I have no problem sharing, and have no problem understanding when others keep their cake to themselves. Respect is optimal even if it's not the way you would do it, visa versa. So come over for some cake and coffee any time. Would rather enjoy this banter with you all then see what you find. Chin up buckaroos

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I show my finds but I don't tell where they came from...wait, if someone saw me at the beach and then they saw me post my finds, they would know where I fou...wait a minute, Im getting paranoid...have I said too much? :tongue3:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'll do that...... Dude.
Preacher.. that's a good one.
I'll back off alot actually.
It's pretty rare to get someone giving timely info and experience freely about shipwreck beach hunting conditions and finds.
I'm going back to posting finds when conditions stink like the others I know... most folks who consistently do well never post on social media sites at all.
It's been real.. "later"
Hey "PREACHER" (LOL). He must only find bugs. I guess he could sell those bugs and buy some cobs!
Way to go gator.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post or don't post pics , its a personal decision!!! I have stopped posting modern stuff for my own reasons!

fyi,.......... the state of florida laws say that you may not pick up and keep ANY manmade object over 50 years old!! you are also not allowed to dig below the high tide line, if you go by the letter of the law!!!!!

chuck.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I show my finds but I don't tell where they came from...wait, if someone saw me at the beach and then they saw me post my finds, they would know where I fou...wait a minute, Im getting paranoid...have I said too much? :tongue3:

you would be surprised, about 4 well known detectorists that I know of have stopped posting pics due to being stalked and harassed!

chuck.

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I post a thread because I read as others that gold was found. Meant to say old gold. I was not trying to expose no areas or give gps. Like I have said before I appreciate all the help that comes from the old timers including u gator. Just wanted to see some pics. I appoligize if I broke any metal ethics

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you would be surprised, about 4 well known detectorists that I know of have stopped posting pics due to being stalked and harassed!

chuck.
Im not surprised...same thing happens when hunting and fishing.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post a thread because I read as others that gold was found. Meant to say old gold. I was not trying to expose no areas or give gps. Like I have said before I appreciate all the help that comes from the old timers including u gator. Just wanted to see some pics. I appoligize if I broke any metal ethics
You didn't break anything...you asked to see some pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions