Anyone seeing erosion

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah! Not on all beaches but you'll see some tomorrow for sure. Check your marine forecast for tonight's wave height.
Last cut I saw was 4'

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my popular area beaches are wider, flatter, dunes set further back, won't even be able to safely see or access the mid & lower beach in most areas until after these swells start to settle back down. There was so much sand on these beaches prior to this blow that it's going to take at least a couple of feet of sand being removed to do much good in these areas, though there should be a lot of lighter targets, like coins, scattered about. Those narrower, steeper beaches that take more of a direct pounding should see some better cuts/erosion then what we typically experience here so I would think the treasure coast will see a lot of new features developing.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same look at majority of locations I walked yesterday, seemed like there was another 20 ft from renourishment to swash, seems like all the east/west wave action over the past week has taking the dry sand past the high tide and pit it below the low tide. I'll take a few photos today and post what I see. I usually am in between waveland south to sainta Lucia

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah that's right! (In response to the other posts) yeah um it's gonna be really bad here. Try another place like North Carolina! Ah they're finding gold coins there by the thousands per day in the Carolina's! Lol! JK! Good luck!
Gonna rent a bobcat and speed things up a little!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah that's right! (In response to the other posts) yeah um it's gonna be really bad here. Try another place like North Carolina! Ah they're finding gold coins there by the thousands per day in the Carolina's! Lol! JK! Good luck!
Gonna rent a bobcat and speed things up a little!

Too bad we can't run all that sand through a huge shaker-screen and see what's left. :laughing7:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much erosion in Daytona today. Did find a good coin line and followed it about 400 yards. Lots of corroded coins and the end of a bracelet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread