A low tide beach question,

N

Noble Metal

Men and ladies, picture a small tourest swimming area where no detector has ever been to: The area is small but is 20 years of tourest's swimming: Question, in this 20 year context, yes it will take miricles, but the sand at low tide is almost perfectly flat all the way out 150 meters. (People swimming near the dry sands beach at high tide), after 20 years of a ring being in the sand, yes will take miricles, but do you think most of the rings and valuables would be found out 3 feet under water at lowest tide, or will some of it, many, be in this flat sand beach 100-150 meters out, my being able to walk around and find rings just by working and searching the flat sand at lowest tide, what do you think?...

Upvote 0

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Noble,
I think that most of the items I find in the surf are in waters 3-5ft deep at high tide.? Typically this is the area where the breakers are and where people tend to get thrown around and lose items.

Is there a sand bar at low tide where the waves were breaking?? If so, this is where I usually find the most items.

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

OP
OP
N

Noble Metal

Robert in SC, Thanks my friend. There is no 'sandbar' here at this particular area, but is completely flat all the way out and the waves are only 2.5 feet at the Highest through the year. (Area is protected by another island), and so now not to misunderstand me, but please to re-read my first post, an then with the above, post me back and tell what you think?; probably most everything will not have been pulled out 100 meters into 3 foot water at the lowest tide? What do you think with the above and only 2.5 foot breakers at the largest throughout the year? How far out can those little rings go :) And THANKS Very much, Noble Metal.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
noble, When was the last Hurricane at location? The old stuff could be under a lot of new sand. However means its a small beach, put on your straw hat and hit it hard, And soon! After all, you don't want to be a day late. And how can you be so sure the beach hasn't been worked before? Monk

OP
OP
N

Noble Metal

Dear Monk, Thats why I am thinking of ordering an Excalibur with a 15" WOT, wow, because, there is about two nice size storms a year, and God only knows after 20 years :) . The storms as many know, could bury things badley, and the storm could dig some things up, you can never know but just to go go go :)

Important Question, In Discrimination, how many inches deep on one ounce of gold do you men think I will get with the Excalibur 1000 with a 15" WOT, how many inches deep of true gold Discrim on one ounce?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions