I guess im out of the game for a little while...

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never ever would I have thought what happened, would happen. Late last night, while using my new Tesoro sand shark, (4 months old) on a beach called Singer island here in south florida, I was confronted by 2 males with masks on. They had crazy Halloween masks. They had a knife and asked me to empty my pockets. They took my wallet, metal detector, scoop, iPhone , and even my freaking car keys. Then they told me if I moved at all they would charge at me and cut me "for real" as they said. So they ran off, and I waited like 30 mins. I slowly walked back to where I parked, called my parents at a 7 eleven near by and we filed a report. I honestly think they're going to find these guys. Im checking CL everyday and things like that. It really sucks cause I'm in collage and it was like a side job/hobby I really enjoyed lol. But I'm alright, and that's all that matters. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens. For now, no more detecting for me! I can't wait to post there mug shots on here once they get them :P I've got the serial number on that baby written down so soon enough I'll get my detector back!!!! I hope :(

Upvote 0

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear that and am very glad you weren't injured.

I always carry when it is legal to do so and plan to run into the ocean (if possible) if I am not carrying. I figure that the scum probably wont follow me into the ocean and wont hang around with a loud crazy man hollering his head off in waist deep water.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I too am real sorry to hear about this!
I've seen on the local www, there have been quite a few arrests of home burglars from Riviera Beach area. You may want to or glance the pics, maybe perhaps recognize someone......?

Also too, keep an eye out all over S Fl, down to Miami & Keys, and over to west coast. Miami will come up to Palm to rob, Palm county will go to Broward, Dade, even over to west coast. (what kind of detector?) I'll try to keep eyes and ears perked, too.
Also, I thought there were cams to catch all vehicle tags coming in and outta the county? Surely that island has a cam also?
Ya'll try and be safe out there!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cops should be able to track phone calls made with your phone hopefully that's how they will be caught and if it's GPS enabled the thugs can lead the cops right to themselves.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I too am real sorry to hear about this! I've seen on the local www, there have been quite a few arrests of home burglars from Riviera Beach area. You may want to or glance the pics, maybe perhaps recognize someone......? Also too, keep an eye out all over S Fl, down to Miami & Keys, and over to west coast. Miami will come up to Palm to rob, Palm county will go to Broward, Dade, even over to west coast. (what kind of detector?) I'll try to keep eyes and ears perked, too. Also, I thought there were cams to catch all vehicle tags coming in and outta the county? Surely that island has a cam also? Ya'll try and be safe out there!
. We've been looking into that!!! No luck thus far! :(

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cops should be able to track phone calls made with your phone hopefully that's how they will be caught and if it's GPS enabled the thugs can lead the cops right to themselves.
. yup!!! Ive been waiting for them to turn it on. I had an app on my phone to track it from my ipad , but nothing yet...

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear this. Like others have dais stuff can be replaced. Leaves you wondering about "people" Took your keys but not your car? Did you change the home locks?

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sorry to hear this. Like others have dais stuff can be replaced. Leaves you wondering about "people" Took your keys but not your car? Did you change the home locks?
. i live about 30 mins from the beach so im not really worried. I honeslty thought my car was going to get stolen to!! But oh well, time to start saving up for an Excal!!! Lol. No i actually reallllllllly hope they find my sand shark....I loved that machine!

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, I'll pray these guys slip up or feel so much conviction for what they did, that they turn in your belongings. Regardless, I'll share this on a few other forums to spread the word.

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I'll pray these guys slip up or feel so much conviction for what they did, that they turn in your belongings. Regardless, I'll share this on a few other forums to spread the word. Keep us posted.

Thanks man, appreciate it, I hope so to. Metal detecting has done more for me then I could ask for. I've pulled pounds of trash from my local beaches and along the florida coast. I also got into a car accident about 2 years ago, messed my back up but actually walking on the sand at a slow pace is good for me. Bottom line is, appreciate your detector, you never know when it might disappear!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
. yup!!! Ive been waiting for them to turn it on. I had an app on my phone to track it from my ipad , but nothing yet...

There is a setting in the phone that can be turned off or it will alert on the phone that it is being pinged. Hopefully it was turned off otherwise they knew the first time you tried to locate it and they probably will leave it off.
My son had his phone stolen at work and tried to locate it and it was never recovered.
Good luck to you in getting your stuff back!
I hope it works out.
You did the right thing though. It's not worth risking dying for a metal detector and what ever else was taken. You can always get more but you can't get another life!
When you get back at it don't hunt at night without a buddy or two.

As for me, double dragon kenpo and shotokan karate plus Glock 17 beats knife

Attachments

• image-1267879568.jpg
    image-1267879568.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 97

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can let us know what kind of detector you had, the serial # and what kind of scoop you had. This way we can all keep our eye open. It will help.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can let us know what kind of detector you had, the serial # and what kind of scoop you had. This way we can all keep our eye open. It will help.

Will do as soon as I get home! My scoop was some random one from a garage sale. I may have a picture on my computer.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Depending on how old you are JustKeepDigging maybe its time to practice your 2nd amendment rights to bear arms.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on how old you are JustKeepDigging maybe its time to practice your 2nd amendment rights to bear arms.
I'm 20. After this incident my parents and I are planning on getting me my license.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope these low lives are brought to justice and karma gives them what they have coming to them. Sorry to hear it had to happen to an innocent person minding there own business. I often carry a firearm myself in case of times like these especially living in NY. If anything my 40" lesche ground shark beats the reach of a knife! lol

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of thing sucks, I am very sorry that that people exist like them..
Not sure if it was mentioned but if hey took your wallet and keys they now know where you live and have access. Change your locks ASAP! If your phone has a navigation app with "home" mapped, it is even easier for them. Best of luck recovering your items.

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad thing is people like this get a tap on the wrist ant set free to torment honest hard working law abiding citizens. The court systems are so upside down when it comes to fairness and justice that they won't hardly do anything unless someone is deceased or has financials that they can exploit along the way. I would have loved to tried out the handle on my scoop when I complied with their demand " hand it over". I'm glad you was not injured in the assault!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread