I guess im out of the game for a little while...

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never ever would I have thought what happened, would happen. Late last night, while using my new Tesoro sand shark, (4 months old) on a beach called Singer island here in south florida, I was confronted by 2 males with masks on. They had crazy Halloween masks. They had a knife and asked me to empty my pockets. They took my wallet, metal detector, scoop, iPhone , and even my freaking car keys. Then they told me if I moved at all they would charge at me and cut me "for real" as they said. So they ran off, and I waited like 30 mins. I slowly walked back to where I parked, called my parents at a 7 eleven near by and we filed a report. I honestly think they're going to find these guys. Im checking CL everyday and things like that. It really sucks cause I'm in collage and it was like a side job/hobby I really enjoyed lol. But I'm alright, and that's all that matters. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens. For now, no more detecting for me! I can't wait to post there mug shots on here once they get them :P I've got the serial number on that baby written down so soon enough I'll get my detector back!!!! I hope :(

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how I missed this post, but I want to tell you how sorry I am for what you had to endure at the hands of those hoodlums. I'm glad to read that all turned out well for you and that you are back detecting due to the generosity and kindness of a fellow detector. Stay safe! Lorraine

You didn't miss this one! Check page 3! :)

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how I missed this post, but I want to tell you how sorry I am for what you had to endure at the hands of those hoodlums. I'm glad to read that all turned out well for you and that you are back detecting due to the generosity and kindness of a fellow detector. Stay safe! Lorraine

But I really appreciate it Lorraine! Thank god I didn't get stabbed or something.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
But I really appreciate it Lorraine! Thank god I didn't get stabbed or something.

I hunt around the same area. Havent been back since I heard u have to have a permit. Just want to say I got your back if I ever stumble upon a situation like that. HH.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Permit in Rivera?

Thats what I heard not seen it in writing yet. Gotta do some research. Hey Hubcap the hunting has been weak. Hope it picks up. Went out and caught some surf today. Probably found 30 bottlecaps and a dime this morning.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya been bleak here to, Sponge. Spending majority of time inland, but have made a few trips to low tide.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I missed this the first go round too. As a recovering perpetual-paranoid myself, hearing stuff like this is brutal but don't let it color your outlook on life or affect a single thing you feel like going and doing. A much better example of 'your fellow man' in action is the person who sent you that Sand Shark.

Some people live their lives in fear, constantly in 'condition red', not leaving the house to get the mail without taking a gun with them because of that one time they got mugged, or because of that one time they (encountered an idiot). Its their right to be that way but man, what a sad, sad way to spend your days on this earth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread