I guess im out of the game for a little while...

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never ever would I have thought what happened, would happen. Late last night, while using my new Tesoro sand shark, (4 months old) on a beach called Singer island here in south florida, I was confronted by 2 males with masks on. They had crazy Halloween masks. They had a knife and asked me to empty my pockets. They took my wallet, metal detector, scoop, iPhone , and even my freaking car keys. Then they told me if I moved at all they would charge at me and cut me "for real" as they said. So they ran off, and I waited like 30 mins. I slowly walked back to where I parked, called my parents at a 7 eleven near by and we filed a report. I honestly think they're going to find these guys. Im checking CL everyday and things like that. It really sucks cause I'm in collage and it was like a side job/hobby I really enjoyed lol. But I'm alright, and that's all that matters. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens. For now, no more detecting for me! I can't wait to post there mug shots on here once they get them :P I've got the serial number on that baby written down so soon enough I'll get my detector back!!!! I hope :(

Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never ever would I have thought what happened, would happen. Late last night, while using my new Tesoro sand shark, (4 months old) on a beach called Singer island here in south florida, I was confronted by 2 males with masks on. They had crazy Halloween masks. They had a knife and asked me to empty my pockets. They took my wallet, metal detector, scoop, iPhone , and even my freaking car keys. Then they told me if I moved at all they would charge at me and cut me "for real" as they said. So they ran off, and I waited like 30 mins. I slowly walked back to where I parked, called my parents at a 7 eleven near by and we filed a report. I honestly think they're going to find these guys. Im checking CL everyday and things like that. It really sucks cause I'm in collage and it was like a side job/hobby I really enjoyed lol. But I'm alright, and that's all that matters. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens. For now, no more detecting for me! I can't wait to post there mug shots on here once they get them :P I've got the serial number on that baby written down so soon enough I'll get my detector back!!!! I hope :(

Are you kidding me??? I am so sorry that you had to endure what would probably give me a heart attack. Just be thankful that you're ok. Stuff can be replaced. And, unfortunately, there are jerks in this world. Be safe and keep on keepin on :icon_queen:

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you kidding me??? I am so sorry that you had to endure what would probably give me a heart attack. Just be thankful that you're ok. Stuff can be replaced. And, unfortunately, there are jerks in this world. Be safe and keep on keepin on :icon_queen:
. Thanks!! Yeah I'm glad I'm alright! Surly one of the most intense things that has happened to me in my entire life.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your at least physically ok, detectors can be replaced. Didn't think singer isle was like that. Makes me rethink my over night hunts solo, thought about having my firearm when out alone overnight, but just added issues with those. But I sure would hand the detector first as I swing the scoop in a manner to severely injure one. In my mind at least, being caught by surprise can change any outcome. Least it wasn't this knock out game crap.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad your at least physically ok, detectors can be replaced. Didn't think singer isle was like that. Makes me rethink my over night hunts solo, thought about having my firearm when out alone overnight, but just added issues with those. But I sure would hand the detector first as I swing the scoop in a manner to severely injure one. In my mind at least, being caught by surprise can change any outcome. Least it wasn't this knock out game crap.
yeah I had no idea they were there, I should have been more aware of my surroundings. They were really ghetto and demanding !! I've seen people like that hanging out, but I've never had an issue. I actually let one of them use it once because he was really curious. Maybe it was one if his buddy's or something , I don't know..

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary stuff for sure, I lose myself in those headphones, tough to even prepare for that when so focused. Even though your college lad, a lot of positive in this other then your safety. Keep your chin up and call your parents :p

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is what keeps me from night hunting. Specially a woman by herself. I know I could do some damage but I would have to have some warning :violent1::violent1::violent1: like 20 minutes!!'

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I hadn't read this!!! I wont say on this public forum how often I night hunt!!!! will pass the word to keep a lookout for your equipment and these scumbags!!!

chuck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you're alright! When hunting at night I guess it's not cool to be lost in the hunt
and not aware of one's surroundings!
Bummer!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In this day and age nighttime on the beach isn't a safe anywhere. Here in my area the dregs of society can be found on the beach at night. I am not just talking Atlantic City which is the worst. Margate Longport with the multi million dollar homes on the beach are no better. You have to be alert early AM and dusk too.
I am retired Police and can carry if I desire. But a weapon will get ruined in the sand and water. And if you kill one of these POS your on the hook for legal fees etc. If your going to hunt at night go with a partner.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Mods you should pin his post on the other threads. This will give the land lubbers a reminder to keep your eyes open when hitting woods, parks, old homesteads etc

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about this happening to you or to anyone out detecting the beaches at night. Glad to know that you was not harmed in any way. Hopefully, you will get all your belongings back.

OP
OP
JustKeepDigging

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you everyone for the support. I'll keep you all updated on what happens. Really bad timing, I've got so much free time next week, was really excited to hit the beaches....why do people have to do things like this!!! :(

Heyjak

Oct 22, 2012
Long island
Detector(s) used
Whites vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes me mad, BUT I wield my **** like Spartacus.they would of needed a singer (island) to close up there stitches. been there,had thugs thinking maybe they want my stuff . Hope they catch those POS's swing /slash/ thrust. Just saying

Attachments

• image-3806193206.jpg
    image-3806193206.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2921409130.jpg
    image-2921409130.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 132

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
That makes me mad, BUT I wield my **** like Spartacus.they would of needed a singer (island) to close up there stitches. been there,had thugs thinking maybe they want my stuff . Hope they catch those POS's swing /slash/ thrust. Just saying

And dig deep.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this JKD. It has become a dangerous world we live in- be vigilant everywhere. You might think about getting a can of bear spray repellent, not the kiddy stuff but real bear spray. This will give you a non lethal but very effective alternative. Once they are disabled you will have time to call the LEO's. (make sure they are downwind from you before you pull the trigger though- you don't want the sea breeze to blow it back on you).
I don't do much night hunting but I have learned to hunt with my ears and watch with my eyes. By that I mean that I listen to the tones- Tessoro V.- and keep my head on a swivel looking at every thing and everyone. Make's me feel more secure knowing what's going on- especially at nite. Plus, what are you doing watching your feet at night- your detector will let you know if there's treasure under foot.
I know you thought about this already- check pawn shops and resale shops yourself as most police depts. don't have the man power. They take a report and file it, then go to the next call. Sorry, just a fact of life. Sad thing is the bad guy's probably pawned it for 50 bucks and it will be 30 days atleast before the pawn shop can put it out in public view. By then your original police report has been superseded by hundreds of others.
Next time just blast them with bear repellent- detector thief repellent.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bear repellent- detector thief repellent.

Great idea, and take away the danger and possible damage from carrying a firearm. Well worth it for those of is who hunt at night solo.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is horrible ,glad you didn't get hurt.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am retired Police and can carry if I desire. But a weapon will get ruined in the sand and water. And if you kill one of these POS your on the hook for legal fees etc.

They sell insurance that should cover most of your legal fee's if your forced
to take lethal action.

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you weren't hurt. I'm sorry the robbed you. Sad world we live in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread