recording finds

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
dang id like to see one of those, not sure if id use it, but would be cool to see, let me know if you find one. thx!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ,the IRS would like to see what you are finding and not recording on your TAXES. Dum idea !!

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well hopefully the irs has better things to do than look at my boring computer, but ya never know i guess. Plus I think you would only have to report it if you sold something.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have created and am using diglogs.com

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid a dollar for an app called Digmate

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have added an option to pull the location when using a mobile device. Keep in mind when using a mobile device, location services are not always all that accurate.

Cory

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well hopefully the irs has better things to do than look at my boring computer, but ya never know i guess. Plus I think you would only have to report it if you sold something.

Never underestimate the power of the Government to confiscate what is yours, nor find ways to get out of what
they promised!

In other words: "What hand giveth the other hand taketh away, what hand taketh away, that one hand Keepeth".

If they considered what we have on our computer;s boring, they would not of sued google and yahoo to release the information in their database(s) nor would they be monitoring what we say on our cell phones.
Unlike fixed phone lines, Warrants are not required to monitor cell phone communications since what you say is transmitted over the air ways and is considered implied consent.

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really, cell phones are implied consent? I guess they can also tap the wireless phones on my land lines, because they transmit a short distance thru the air? No wonder government employees are so bored and cranky. They are listening to my calls. LOL

Short story - There was a bar in northern BC that had a list on the wall of the quantity and size of gold nuggets being found locally with metal detectors. They had to take it down because someone from Revenue Canada wanted a copy. I was told this by two different individuals in the small town. So yes, if you are doing well and not reporting, they will take an interest.

As for recording your finds. Why not create your own Excel spreadsheet and keep it private? Me, I am not that organized to keep a list up to date. A good idea though, especially to look at a few years later to remind yourself where you went and what you found.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm just lazy, but I couldn't be bothered to keep track of my finds. Sounds like work to me.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
A old fashioned map and some pins with a little note attached. Could look cool in a man cave.
The CTX has this mapping feature. I've played around with it, doesn't interest me to much at this point.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, cell phones are implied consent? I guess they can also tap the wireless phones on my land lines, because they transmit a short distance thru the air? No wonder government employees are so bored and cranky. They are listening to my calls. LOL

Short story - There was a bar in northern BC that had a list on the wall of the quantity and size of gold nuggets being found locally with metal detectors. They had to take it down because someone from Revenue Canada wanted a copy. I was told this by two different individuals in the small town. So yes, if you are doing well and not reporting, they will take an interest.

As for recording your finds. Why not create your own Excel spreadsheet and keep it private? Me, I am not that organized to keep a list up to date. A good idea though, especially to look at a few years later to remind yourself where you went and what you found.

That is my understanding for the United States placergold and it most likely be the same for Canada because of treaties. Even if one used the encryption feature on emails and cell phones (if they have one) it’s childs play for the governments to monitor as they require the manufacturers to provide the privacy algorithms. Once a message on a land line is transmitted such as by satellite for long distance it can be monitored without warrant.
They say they do this to protect us against terrorists, but who is to protect us against those who take away and our rights and freedom, using terrorism as the justification. In my opinion, these zealots are far more dangerous as the damage they do to erode our way of life in continuous and ever expanding, like Spanish Inquisition on steroids going viral.
Yes you can create your own Excel spread sheet and keep it private. However, it should be done on a computer that is not connected to the internet. In addition, you should store it on a removable hard drive or a small note book so that it can be protected. I am not talking about putting it into a lockable file or safe, I am referring to a hidden off sight location that no one knows about.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A old fashioned map and some pins with a little note attached. Could look cool in a man cave.
The CTX has this mapping feature. I've played around with it, doesn't interest me to much at this point.

That would be cool, very cool!
Definitely, add some sparkle to where I park my detectors.

I would design it so that if one followed the map by itself alone, the found treasure would be nothing but trash, and the worst kind at that, such as where the doggy bags lay.(lol)!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been TH'ing since 1975 - every year i just buy a note pad of some sort and hand write my finds - date - place - special conditions or problems
I do - P - N - D - Q AND - H - D - IF NECESSARY
I then mark down my GOLD - SILVER and then any good coins - then all other keeper finds ( sinkers, junk jewelry etc )
at bottom of each page I put the total of coins and then the total sum of my coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread