How many of you dress like this to hunt?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie - brand new I think Ace 250?
plastic hand shovel - took him like 10 mins to find this target
then he threw it over his shoulder -
no pouch or apron
no headphones
nice white polo shirt
nice white pants
- I should have took a vid = "Don'ts of getting into metal detecting"
DSCN0187.JPG

Upvote 0

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I first started metal detecting, a Discovery 1000 from Radio Shack, a cheap garden spade, no pouch, and centering the target meant, "So it's in that general area somewhere. Guess I'll start digging about there." Yep, in the beginning I use to dig big holes, in the nearby park grass, no less. Today I see new hunters all the time, and while I often smirk and have a laugh, I fully realize that most of them are simply going through all the same learning curves I had to endure. Who knows, a couple of years from now this guy might end up being one of the best hunters on the beach? And if not, he'll certainly be one of the best dressed hunters on the beach, might even score himself a rich old widow. :laughing7: :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's not a TH'er or a T-net'er. No apron no belt for trash removal. Casper nailed it, he's a want to be gold digger, probably thanks to the " shall remain nameless " tv program!
CoilyGirl and Jeff-Gorden you are hilarious !!!!
I myself look like a bag lady collecting trash when TH'ing, hoping people throw money at me! $100 bills!! Lol!
Thank God he wasn't in a park!

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a visual, please let me know when and where you are detecting so I can avoid the area!! LOL

JAD

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2012
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Excalibur II
Whites Dual Field PI
Garrett Pro Pointer x3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Newbie - brand new I think Ace 250?
plastic hand shovel - took him like 10 mins to find this target
then he threw it over his shoulder -
no pouch or apron
no headphones
nice white polo shirt
nice white pants
- I should have took a vid = "Don'ts of getting into metal detecting"
View attachment 905774

Oh man I wish I could dress like that. My last outing was 2 nights ago and I wore Under Armour ColdGear Base 4.0 upper & lower, 2 sweaters, extra pair of pants, drysuit, 7 mm dive boots with 3mm socks, trapper gloves with hot hands and my robbers mask. It was -5, snowing, I was in a lake and there was no where else in the world I would rather have been. It's surreal when the moon pokes out and lights up everything with the reflection off the snow and your up to your waist in a cold lake.

The wife just shakes her head at me when she see's me getting geared up, lol.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man I wish I could dress like that. My last outing was 2 nights ago and I wore Under Armour ColdGear Base 4.0 upper & lower, 2 sweaters, extra pair of pants, drysuit, 7 mm dive boots with 3mm socks, trapper gloves with hot hands and my robbers mask. It was -5, snowing, I was in a lake and there was no where else in the world I would rather have been. It's surreal when the moon pokes out and lights up everything with the reflection off the snow and your up to your waist in a cold lake. The wife just shakes her head at me when she see's me getting geared up, lol.

That sounds like fun! You don't have to worry about anyone getting in your way I guess!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I often come across new folks and always try to engage them in a short conversation. I've met some real Ahats that seem to think I am trying to throw them off or waste their precious hunting time, but mostly folks are nice and very receptive to some advice on the basics. Often they are a bit concerned that I am going to be offended by their hunting in 'my' area and are visibly relieved when I tell them that 20 of us couldn't clean out the area in a month and I wish them all the success in the world. I like to think that they will be a bit more diligent about picking up trash and refilling holes after a friendly nudge by a sympathetic fellow hunter. But I have never had to give fashion advice that this fellow seems to need!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 2.0 under armor, but have found the 4.0 in the bass catalog. Where do you get your trapper gloves? I found some but they just don't look like they are made for pulling coins or jewelry out of a scoop in cold water. Everybody thinks I'm crazy for going in the water during the winter, but other than boats coming to close, I have the river and lake mostly to myself. A drysuit would come in handy because the chest waders limit how far out in the water I can detect.

Oh man I wish I could dress like that. My last outing was 2 nights ago and I wore Under Armour ColdGear Base 4.0 upper & lower, 2 sweaters, extra pair of pants, drysuit, 7 mm dive boots with 3mm socks, trapper gloves with hot hands and my robbers mask. It was -5, snowing, I was in a lake and there was no where else in the world I would rather have been. It's surreal when the moon pokes out and lights up everything with the reflection off the snow and your up to your waist in a cold lake.

The wife just shakes her head at me when she see's me getting geared up, lol.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that looks like a teenage girl

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we could convince more people to dress like that and upgrade to the Ace..... my gold count might increase.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions