Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My flight was in the late afternoon yesterday - so I have time to jump in at low tide one last time
I get up at sunrise and start getting dressed - Fla. hunters will attest - Thanksgiving morning - temps were low
I put on a sleeveless tee - a regular tee and my dive jacket
I put on underwear and a pair of Under Armour underwear (which is like bike shorts) - they don't add a lot of warmth but I wear those or lycra
to stop from salt and micro coral grains getting on thighs (and other regions) and chafing- good advice for those that don't
I reach for a pair of bathing trunks and ask my girlfriend where my Hawaian pattern ones are - they cover a bit more and material is a little heavier
now Im trying to get going and get out - Im checking what I got in front in me -
my machine - CZ21
my mask & snorkel
my pouch
my scoop
my dive boots
my gal tells me the ones Im looking for are on the balcony
just then my phone rings - told a Fla. hunting friend of mine he was going out - to drop me a line
so he tells me his attack plan - I tell him mine - and we say we'll try to hook up later
Soooo - I throw my boots on - grab my gear - give my girlfriend a kiss and out I go
over night the winds had changed - there was a storm way off shore that was causing rough seas
big change from Weds. which were calm - I got in anyways went a mile in the water - dime,nickle,and 7 pennies later
no hard bottom to be found - hole I got 10k ring day 1 was filled in - so I got out and decided to head back
towards hotel and did the wet sand in a straight line on the way back
I was surprised at the amount of coins I was getting and was surprised when I got a silver ring with blue lapis in it -marked 950
half way back to the hotel - my girlfriend walks up and asks "waters is to rough? How you doing in the wet sand?" ( she knows Im not a wet sand guy) I told her "not bad - got a nice silver - still hoping for gold" - I hand her the silver and she has a puzzled look on her face
I ask "what's wrong?" she replys "Where's your bathing suit?"
I looked down and figured it just road up - I was getting hit by the surf in the wet sand and figured it just got pushed up
Nope - my friend interrupting my getting ready threw me off - never put one on
My girlfriend says -"Nice - hunting in your underwear"
sorry no pic - but as I write this - she did have her camera around her neck - got to wonder if she did get me from a distance
will have to ask her later

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a mental image of you in your underwear,......had to go look at something else to cleanse the pallet!!!:laughing7:

chuck.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a mental image of you in your underwear,......had to go look at something else to cleanse the pallet!!!:laughing7:

chuck.
To help your image more - they were red with a black waist band - skin tight too:tongue3:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note to self: always wear underwear when surf hunting.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and laugh, hope your trip was enjoyable.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing he didn't call you before you put the underwear on. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great story with a happy ending.

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
My flight was in the late afternoon yesterday - so I have time to jump in at low tide one last time
I get up at sunrise and start getting dressed - Fla. hunters will attest - Thanksgiving morning - temps were low
I put on a sleeveless tee - a regular tee and my dive jacket
I put on underwear and a pair of Under Armour underwear (which is like bike shorts) - they don't add a lot of warmth but I wear those or lycra
to stop from salt and micro coral grains getting on thighs (and other regions) and chafing- good advice for those that don't
I reach for a pair of bathing trunks and ask my girlfriend where my Hawaian pattern ones are - they cover a bit more and material is a little heavier
now Im trying to get going and get out - Im checking what I got in front in me -
my machine - CZ21
my mask & snorkel
my pouch
my scoop
my dive boots
my gal tells me the ones Im looking for are on the balcony
just then my phone rings - told a Fla. hunting friend of mine he was going out - to drop me a line
so he tells me his attack plan - I tell him mine - and we say we'll try to hook up later
Soooo - I throw my boots on - grab my gear - give my girlfriend a kiss and out I go
over night the winds had changed - there was a storm way off shore that was causing rough seas
big change from Weds. which were calm - I got in anyways went a mile in the water - dime,nickle,and 7 pennies later
no hard bottom to be found - hole I got 10k ring day 1 was filled in - so I got out and decided to head back
towards hotel and did the wet sand in a straight line on the way back
I was surprised at the amount of coins I was getting and was surprised when I got a silver ring with blue lapis in it -marked 950
half way back to the hotel - my girlfriend walks up and asks "waters is to rough? How you doing in the wet sand?" ( she knows Im not a wet sand guy) I told her "not bad - got a nice silver - still hoping for gold" - I hand her the silver and she has a puzzled look on her face
I ask "what's wrong?" she replys "Where's your bathing suit?"
I looked down and figured it just road up - I was getting hit by the surf in the wet sand and figured it just got pushed up
Nope - my friend interrupting my getting ready threw me off - never put one on
My girlfriend says -"Nice - hunting in your underwear"
sorry no pic - but as I write this - she did have her camera around her neck - got to wonder if she did get me from a distance
will have to ask her later
....Too Funny Casper.... Good thing your NOT the Kamando type of guy....LOLOLOL

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Great story.... how easy it is to forget something when someone interupts your routine...I have forgot almost everything one time or another but never my shorts.....YET!

Cliff

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one CASPER-2 ! You're doing WONDERS for our mystic as TH'ers!!! Lol! CASPER gets my vote as our public rep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread