Spanish Silver 1775 Half Reales

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I did my usual Thanksgiving morning hunt... It was 34 degrees and a very stiff wind was blowing directly onto the beach... Suited up warm and headed out to the beach and almost turned around... Yes it was that cold... But I toughed it out and started to get a few trinkets... I found a few Wheaties and then a nickel... Stopped to take a look at the small trough and got as high pitched signal, about 12 inches down I was able to pop out a nice Mercury dime....few minutes later out pops an Indian Head penny... So I turn around to start the grid work back the other way and another nice high pitched sound....by this time I could barely see from the cold and wind... My eyes were watering but I dug anyway... I am still in shock over this so bare with me... I look down and on top of the mud that I just dug was a conglomerate, it looked like a piece of iron, I am still in awe over this find..... Stuck together was 2 - yes 2 - 1/2 Reales one is dated 1775... I will keep them together forever....I hope that I didn't keep everyone waiting to long... I also got a brass bracelet and another silver Roosevelt dime....I found another sterling spoon, and a fish shaped funny. Research and a lot of work went into this very small but productive hunt today... 1775 conglomerate (1).JPG 1775 conglomerate (3).JPG fish.JPG inside fish.JPG Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (2).JPG Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (4).JPG Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (6).JPG Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (10).JPG Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (13).JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread