Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLIP.jpg
Found on one of my Fla. trips a few yrs ago
it contained 4 _$20s - 1_$10 - 1_$5 and 5 _$1s = $100
little story behind this find
I was hunting with Bill Harris - who some S. Fla. hunters may know (met him like 10 yrs ago on SOBE - been friends ever since)
Dont know if it was the sun or what - got a terrible migrain - I was hunting out chest deep - this place is real trashy in shallow
lots of cans - big foil balls and large junk in close -
so pain gets too much - I yell to my girlfriend who is sitting on shore line with Bill's wife - I ask if she has any meds and she says yes - so I start in
bout waist deep I get a blast - scoop and get a flattened can - pouch it and moving fast towards my gal I get another loud signal and figure its another can - I give it a scoop and keep walking in - Im like in calf deep water now and approaching her I look in scoop and see this mud caked object - bills were covered with mud - I saw back of brass and thought it was a car part or something -
pick it out as I keep on walking - I flip it and give it a rub and see "DAD" - I say money clip! and dunk it to get some of the mud off the bills - then saw they were slightly flaking - I told my girlfriend to give me a cup and pour some fresh water in it - I carefully slid wad out of clip and placed it in the fresh water - I told her dont try and peel them - they'll come apart - just give the cup a little shake now and then and mud will slowly come off - carefully change water - slowly the bills unraveled - then I carefully laid them on a towel and let then dry - when I got home I took them to the bank and they gave me a brand new $100 bill for them

Upvote 0

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Great story. I think I would have kept the bills to add to my collection, maybe. A member of our club found about 150$ in a money clip not long ago. The bills were not fragile. I always enjoy your posts!

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool Casper! That's a good score. I found a money clip 10 years ago laying in the snow. I got out of my car at the mall and there it was laying on the ground at my feet. It was half frozen in the ground and I had to chip it out of the ice. There was $340.00 in it. I'm glad to see you saved the bills, they were looking a little rough.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story casper, I have found 2 money clips in my life but neither had any thing in them , o well!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto, money clip- empty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions