Frustrating Hunt!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I know better, but it was such a beautiful evening at the beach I just couldn't help myself, so into the water I went. Know here's where the frustration begins.....the bottom was very sandy, even a bit lumpier then yesterday, but compared to yesterday the surf was fairly lite and it made for comfortable, quiet, solitude and target rich hunting. Can claw, pull tabs, pennies, dimes, can slaw, pull tabs, whole cans, half cans, pennies, dimes, can slaw, pull tabs, can bottoms, can tops, whole cans, screw caps, half cans, and, yep, even cheap sunglasses. Now I'm use to these things, as we all are, but I got to tell you I just wasn't getting out of that water because the evening was just too darn nice. Heck, all the junk wasn't even all that frustrating, however, chasing all that lite stuff in the soft sand started to get really frustrating after a while, so much so that I vowed that I wouldn't abandon a single target, digging entire trenches if I had to until they were all safely corralled in my scoop. Yep, this is where the frustration started to build, that lite floaty crap washing from the scoop, easily pushing here and there, sucking back into the hole, and aimlessly drifting about the bottom like a fall leaf scooting across the ground on the heals of a whispering breeze. Needless to say, near the end of the hunt I started giving up on a few of the more demanding targets, just too darn fatigued and frustrated to give a damn! When I finally decided to leave I was clearly waving the white flag of defeat, a few choice words for the beach over my shoulder as I trudged to my lonely but trusty vehicle. "Ok Tonto, take me home!" :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Touché Sponge, poor Marino lol ice a toner gloves is his lasting claim would have been nice to have a Pitt Panther win a nfl bowl

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I was a kid watching him walk on the feild for the first time. What a great time it was. He may have never got the ring but he sure gave us some great games. Monday night Chicago was one of many. Good luck this Sunday. Wear your Wallace jersey.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol ouch I'll be in Vegas for the game with the 50s throwback mean joes number my last name. Would be nice of Wallace would step up for your squad.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
This is best potential team I have seen in a long time. They are young and starting to play better as a team. Teams when championships. As u already know. Waiting for the bridge to go down. The hunt is on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread