fresh water

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
balow, I use a Fisher 1280x. I speak highly of it, it will find all water targets EXCEPT= Gold Chains. I could never get on to them. So I think that would be a good test for you to run on any detecter your thinking to buy. If you can find one that will locate gold chains, you can't go wrong! Monk :)

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Balou I think that the Tiger Shark is a VLF not a PI. I think you want the Sand Shark. Which will work well about anywhere. If all you are doing is fresh water the Tiger shark also would be fine. cladius.

OP
OP
B

balou

Greenie
Feb 4, 2005
thanks guys.....i have about 1500$ to spare....i was thinking of getting a tiger shark and a detector pro wader for water and beach and a tesoro golden mm for land ...

i want to try both water detector because the price is very good on those i found and once i decide wich one i like i will sell the other one.

gomerpyle

Jan 5, 2005
SE- Michigan
I just picked up a used CZ-20 on ebay for $620 w/water gloves and some extras.

If you ever plan on scuba diving or snorkeling don't buy the detector pro wader I think it is only good to 5ft.
The white's beach hunter id is only good to 25ft, Sheeez you think after investing all of that time and money in to a dual freq machine w visual and audio disc you;d think they put a better shell around it (25ft LOL)

If I had not run across the $600 cz-20 I would have purchased the Tesoro water machine for less than $600. I have heard it is not as deep as the 1280-x because of the higher freq but that it is more sensitive to finer gold. so I guess thats a trade off.

PI's pick up everything from what I've been told. My local dealer said it will sound off for a cannon ball at 12ft (??) but it also goes of for every sparkler wire, bobby pin and fishing hook. No disc.

capela

Dec 16, 2004
balou said:
thanks guys.....i have about 1500$ to spare....i was thinking of getting a tiger shark and a detector pro wader for water and beach and a tesoro golden mm for land ...

i want to try both water detector because the price is very good on those i found and once i decide wich one i like i will sell the other one.

Why buy 3 detectors if you can have all 3 in 1, go for a Excalibur 800 and you don?t have to worry any more...advise from a person who had tested many brands/models, i?m thinking so sell my SShark and my Explorer, to order a Excalibur !

Capela

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
For fresh water I would go with the tiger shark. It will get the gold chains and even small earing's. The whites beach hunter ID is also a good detector for fresh and salt water. If you will hunt the salt much I would go with the Whites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread