Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 huge returns in the last 2 days **ring story**

Yesterday I received the box and shipping label for the 4K engagement ring I found in the water off a local resort last week. In the box and off it went. Hopefully it will get there safe and sound.

The other is a little different. Sometime earlier this year I found a WWII dog tag belonging to a man named James Calvin Klein. I had no idea I had this until Thanksgiving when my family was here and we were looking through my finds for the year. I have no idea where or when I found it. All i know is it was this year sometime on a beach???? Well, with a lot of searching and some help from Angelo's Angels WWII Dog Tag Return Project on Facebook I was able to contact the daughter of the Vet. He past away in 2007 but she is still local. So I called and left a message. She returned my call last night and was ecstatic to hear about this. It's now on it's way to her for her to cherish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and well done friend! That ring is quite a beauty! You have earned your gold stars for a job well done, congrats!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intrigued by the shape of the WW ll ID Dog Tag, I did a little research as it differed from the ones I wore as as a member of an Air Crew.
It looks like a cord was run through both holes to hang around your neck, instead of a breakable metal chain through one hole.

The ID tags that I flew with were more rectangular (longer in shape) with one edge indented so that it could be jammed between your teeth in the event of your demise. As you may already know, a service member wore two ID tags; One of was taken, in the event of death in combat and the other left with the remains

I am sharing, the little that I was able to decode as well as a few comments.
Obviously, the first three lines are: First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name
The forth line from the top is the Service Number.
USNR-A stands for United States Naval Reserve, Active Duty
I have not been able to decode the last line T-7-43-P.
In the event of capture, The Geneva Convention required that you provide your Name, Rank and Service Number to the Enemy. Since some idiot(s) did away with the service number and substituted the social security number for your ID you now have to about identity theft, in addition if captured.
What really surprised/astonished - No Upset Me me is the number of individuals and businesses who buy and sell military ID dog tags. Is nothing private/sacred anymore!

Sir Gala Clad salutes DC 426 for his outstanding efforts in returning the vintage Wall ID Dog Tag (which cannot be replaced).

Last edited:
OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUOTE=Sir Gala Clad;3738656]Intrigued by the shape of the WW ll ID Dog Tag, I did a little research as it differed from the ones I wore as as a member of an Air Crew.
It looks like a cord was run through both holes to hang around your neck, instead of a breakable metal chain through one hole.

The ID tags that I flew with were more rectangular (longer in shape) with one edge indented so that it could be jammed between your teeth in the event of your demise. As you may already know, a service member wore two ID tags; One of was taken, in the event of death in combat and the other left with the remains

I am sharing, the little that I was able to decode as well as a few comments.
Obviously, the first three lines are: First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name
The forth line from the top is the Service Number.
USNR-A stands for United States Naval Reserve, Active Duty
I have not been able to decode the last line T-7-43-P.
In the event of capture, The Geneva Convention required that you provide your Name, Rank and Service Number to the Enemy. Since some idiot(s) did away with the service number and substituted the social security number for your ID you now have to about identity theft, in addition if captured.
What really surprised/astonished - No Upset Me me is the number of individuals and businesses who buy and sell military ID dog tags. Is nothing private/sacred anymore!

Sir Gala Clad salutes DC 426 for his outstanding efforts in returning the vintage Wall ID Dog Tag (which cannot be replaced).[/QUOTE]

The T-7-43 P means he got his Tetnis shot on 7/43. Then I believe thr P is his religion.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got to give us the story on that diamond ring.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mahalo (Thank you for interpreting the last line "The T-7-43 P means he got his Tetnis shot on 7/43. Then I believe thr P is his religion."
IIRC, my blood type was also on my ID tags.

I with am with lookdown on this "You've got to give us the story on that diamond ring. "
That is one mez, uh mesmerizing ring. Is that the right word or is Awesome.

Shouldn't you have four or more honorable mentions.
Instead of "Two Atta boys for you." from baywalker.

Oh bye the way, I would still like to no more about the fish baywalker is holding.
It looks like a Cobia/lemon fish to ne.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan Flack (Ringnut) and I were out last week at a local beach catching the low tide. By 11am we were done so while I was getting the car I always check my phone for missed calls or messages from other hunters showing off what they found at some other beach. I checked my emails and there was a "Lost my Stuff" email alert for a lost diamond engagement ring just up the road that had just been posted. I told Stan that's where I was heading, to find that ring. I called the owner of the missing ring to try and get a fix on it's exact location. Drove to the resort, talked my way into free parking and within a 1/2 hour I had their ring. It was in about knee deep water. The owner said they were out at about 12:30 AM in the water when she lost it. Now water temp is around 64, the air temp that night would have been in the 50's! but they're from Michigan so go figure. Anyway, they sent me a box and label to ship it back. All I had to do is drop it off at UPS. They were extremely happy, which makes me happy!

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing karma doesn't run out cause you got a whole bunch of the good stuff coming your way. Nice job

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mahalo (Thank you for interpreting the last line "The T-7-43 P means he got his Tetnis shot on 7/43. Then I believe thr P is his religion."
IIRC, my blood type was also on my ID tags.

I with am with lookdown on this "You've got to give us the story on that diamond ring. "
That is one mez, uh mesmerizing ring. Is that the right word or is Awesome.

Shouldn't you have four or more honorable mentions.
Instead of "Two Atta boys for you." from baywalker.

Oh bye the way, I would still like to no more about the fish baywalker is holding.
It looks like a Cobia/lemon fish to ne.
Cobia,ling, lemon fish, what ever the part of the country you are from. One of my favorite fish to catch and eat.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wKeCpBq.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan Flack (Ringnut) and I were out last week at a local beach catching the low tide. By 11am we were done so while I was getting the car I always check my phone for missed calls or messages from other hunters showing off what they found at some other beach. I checked my emails and there was a "Lost my Stuff" email alert for a lost diamond engagement ring just up the road that had just been posted. I told Stan that's where I was heading, to find that ring. I called the owner of the missing ring to try and get a fix on it's exact location. Drove to the resort, talked my way into free parking and within a 1/2 hour I had their ring. It was in about knee deep water. The owner said they were out at about 12:30 AM in the water when she lost it. Now water temp is around 64, the air temp that night would have been in the 50's! but they're from Michigan so go figure. Anyway, they sent me a box and label to ship it back. All I had to do is drop it off at UPS. They were extremely happy, which makes me happy!
Thanks dc.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG for helping these people out in the time of the year when you hope for miracles, but don't really expect it to happen. The dog tag would have meant more to me than the ring, but two excellent finds and returns and my hats off to you.
I love my lemon fish BBQed. One of the workers on an oil rig caught a large lemon fish and the cook marinated it all day and then put it on the grill and it was fantastic. Only time I ever ate any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions