How to find rings on the wetsand?

heybubbajay

Feb 28, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet sand is a hard detect, to find items & also if people recently drop rings, they are usually right there to pick up rather then loose, dry sand which engulfs pretty much everything easily. I look for berms or sand dunes on the top of the beach and I go behind them. Whatever washes up during storms & high tides is trapped behind them & I have found rings lying visible to the eye in pools behind them.

Shadeslay

Nov 16, 2013
Central Coast
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some awesome advice here, thanks all who have taken the time to post. I feel like I have gained six months to a year of knowledge reading this thread. Even tough I can't gain from it at the moment, someday I will. :D

aussiedigger

Sep 10, 2008
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Detector(s) used
ctX 3030 6 &17 inch coils all with shafts... 2 x Sovereign GT's... Modified Excal11 with PP switch on the handle and Connection for GG Amphibians & Skullies headphones by JBN ...Cibola C/Sweep coil
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Really?
I have several of Gary’s books, which I have read numerous times and retain for reference and that is not my interpretation – not even close. He advocates having a list of top producing beach and water hunting sites which he periodically hunts when conditions are right to increase chances of finding something good.

When he arrives late at an area which he wants to hunt, he looks for an area that was missed by the other hunters to increase his odds. Also, he carefully observes the other hunters and their equipment to determine their capability, search pattern and how fast they are hunting.

If you look at the pictures that go along with his posts and past finds, it is obvious that he is not bragging, but merely stating the fact(s).

You are right about him busting his hump. He is beyond competitive, highly skilled, dedicated and disciplined. I am greatful that he has shared as many of his secrets as he has. I know that I am a better treasure hunter for it.

Well said Sir I fully agree with you.

aussie

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This dogs staying on the porch..... but as far as wet sand hunting. Im looking more for the ones that get missed and they normally are smaller. Why, because they do move as do the ones with stones. On high beaches they are more difficult to find. But if you can look down the beach and see a more level area try up higher especially in the high tide mark with the can slaw or gray sand. It works.... ive gotten 3 in the past two weeks to prove it. Heavy gold like BS said tends to stay in place.... but ive found that may very based on how close to shore they were lost. Good movement at knee deep they may well move closer to shore especially during the extreme high and low tides during the winter. You also have to take into consideration the amount of hunters MOST will check the lower areas for the bigger rings. But they forget.... in the summer the tides were higher and thats when most of our jewerly gets lost.

dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread