Stavr Scoop On The Way

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, .. after a confusing and extremely stressful 'bout with Western Union. I finally completed my scoop transaction with Ruslan in the Ukraine. As of my last email with him this afternoon at 12:00 pm my local time. My new 2V.22 EvroExcavator will be on the Big Bird tomorrow morning crossing the Atlantic, and flying into the U.S. skies to me.

I have needed a new scoop for quite a time, and I really like the way the Stavr's look. Everybody that has one of them, speaks highly of them and loves them, and I hope that I will love mine too. Thanks to RG for lettin' me vent......Man......what a pain in the butt. If I like this one, I think that I might just order a Monstrik 10 in a couple of months. But..if I do order another one, I ..WILL...go to the local WU agency and let the little girl behind the counter do the transaction for me..like I did today..In Person.

Thanks for being there RG :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is western union the only way to pay them. Do they take PayPal? Let us know if you have any problems with it bending at handle mounting area. That seems to be the weak point on this type scoop in my experience.

OP
OP
N

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is western union the only way to pay them. Do they take PayPal? Let us know if you have any problems with it bending at handle mounting area. That seems to be the weak point on this type scoop in my experience.

Western Union was the only source of pay transmittal that he listed with my transaction with him. He is a very nice person to deal with, prompt and straight forward. I like that in a person, it lets me know exactly where I stand. I tried to do my own transmitting through WU's online website right here in my recliner, and during the initial procedure everything went fine. I got an approval from them, a confirmation number, and a tracking number. Then the crap hit the fan.....Within' 10 minutes or so after I logged out of WU's site..a little girl called and asked me several questions about the overseas purchase. I answered her questions, and she said that "she" would approve everything. Within 10 more minutes I got another email from WU stating that the transaction had been disapproved....I immediately called WU and they couldn't give me a straight answer as to why it was rejected. The only thing that I could get out of them was, "I would have to contact my bank to verify IF the money would be re-deposited into my account"

I felt like I had been "took" so to speak. My bank said that the whole thing should wash out in about 3 days, and not to worry about it "they had an eye on it". They said Western Union was monotonous for doing this when customers try to do their online transfers themselves. I called WU back last night, and talked to a supervisor in charge of transatlantic transfers, and he said he was sorry (whatever)....He gave me a discount code to use at a walk in WU agency for the incurred charges, and told me that the in-person transaction was the safest way to do this. I went to the agency this morning with cash, and the WU girl behind the counter did the whole thing in less than 5 minutes....BUT.....the discount code that the supervisor gave me wouldn't work...LOLOLO!!! What a crock...

I don't know what to say my friend.....I wanted one of these scoops, mainly because of the basket style, and them being lighter in weight compared to the others that I have seen. I did see a couple of pictures that a fellow had, and the braces had stress cracks in the welds at the handle pipe. I think he said his scoop was a couple of years old, and he really puts it through the torture test. But that is the same scenario that I have, I needed something that I could do anything with. Although..I have had to re-build my RTG, .. It's like the man told me..If you use it ..it will wear out.

I will say this though...I will stick that mutha down in the wet sand and see what it's made out of. If it's weak at the welds, then I will have somebody with a torch and a welder to reinforce it like.. I WANT IT.

As far as the Western Union gig goes...If you ..or anybody else are going to buy one of these scoops, I have no problems with Ruslan, he has done everything that he said he would do. But..I would DEFINATELY go to a place of business that has a dedicated human being that handles Western Union transfers to do the transaction for you.....otherwise ... (from my experience) .. good luck.

I hope this helps someone, and I will tell you all what I honestly think about it in a week or two.

Greg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome Greg!
You are welcome!
I am so glad it turned out better! Yeah after reading the posts about buying a scoop from Ruslan,
I started to see a pattern of mishaps with placing an order online with Western Union!
So I just went into the small WU office, 3 blocks away and made the transaction there.
I was unfamiliar with countries in that part of the world and did not know the Ukraine is not Russia!:laughing7: but the Gal knew and helped me out!
Cost for the transfer was $10 plus $2 to write in the message of my order number which was not needed really. I could have paid $6 for the transfer to take 3 days but I paid the little bit extra for an instant payment and peace of mind.
I too will let all know what happens after this!
Later Bro (I haven't said that in a lot of years:laughing7:)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Fletch,
No paypal but maybe Moneygram! I would just take cash into WU!
When Ruslan sent me a ready to ship email his suggestion was the 3 day $6 option!
But as I mentioned above I wanted to get him the money instantly and he responded with Got it! Will ship Monday!
He sent me a tracking number but I can't read what's going on at that site as it is another language!
Thanks again Fletch for your recommendation for the 3pc carbon fiber shaft from plugger! It is awesome!

Last edited:

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
one thing is sure, Ruslan is a honest guy and will not scam you. I purchased multiple scoops from him and never had any problems.

btw all of them still work and there is no bending of any kind at all, and believe me, they have had thousands of hours of labor.

a top product. period.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will LOVE it!! I have not heard of any bending or cracking on a Stavr scoop, but there are some knock-offs that look pretty much like his that have a cracking problem. They are available on ebay, also from an eastern european country, but although they look similar to the Stavr they are just not as well made. I just went to my local WU at the A&P and did the transaction with cash in a couple of minutes. No muss, no fuss, easy as pie. And you are correct, Ruslan is great to deal with!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's amusing and slightly pathetic that it's this side of the world that messes up the orders!:laughing7:

OP
OP
N

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:cool:
Awesome Greg!
You are welcome!
I am so glad it turned out better! Yeah after reading the posts about buying a scoop from Ruslan,
I started to see a pattern of mishaps with placing an order online with Western Union!
So I just went into the small WU office, 3 blocks away and made the transaction there.
I was unfamiliar with countries in that part of the world and did not know the Ukraine is not Russia!:laughing7: but the Gal knew and helped me out!
Cost for the transfer was $10 plus $2 to write in the message of my order number which was not needed really. I could have paid $6 for the transfer to take 3 days but I paid the little bit extra for an instant payment and peace of mind.
I too will let all know what happens after this!
Later Bro (I haven't said that in a lot of years:laughing7:)

Back at ya Bro :hello: .. yeah,..That reminds me of when I was stretched out many years ago on my old Shovelhead, crusin' down the 2 lane blacktop.

I did the same thing (money in minutes). Ruslan suggested the 3 day thing but, I really wanted to just get through it as quickly, and safely as possible without any delays. Hey man,..I thought the Ukraine was in Russia too!!! :laughing7::laughing7:

Happy Trails Don..:laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
N

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Fletch,
No paypal but maybe Moneygram! I would just take cash into WU!
When Ruslan sent me a ready to ship email his suggestion was the 3 day $6 option!
But as I mentioned above I wanted to get him the money instantly and he responded with Got it! Will ship Monday!
He sent me a tracking number but I can't read what's going on at that site as it is another language!
Thanks again Fletch for your recommendation for the 3pc carbon fiber shaft from plugger! It is awesome!

Same here...Exact same scenario....It's on the way, but I can't read a darned word on the tracking site ???:tongue3::icon_scratch::BangHead::laughing7: no entiendo

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one thing is sure, Ruslan is a honest guy and will not scam you. I purchased multiple scoops from him and never had any problems.

btw all of them still work and there is no bending of any kind at all, and believe me, they have had thousands of hours of labor.

a top product. period.

That is good news indeed. Glad to hear it.

OP
OP
N

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's amusing and slightly pathetic that it's this side of the world that messes up the orders!:laughing7:

Hey pal...I agree...but the sad thing about it is .. that ain't the only thing that we've allowed our Govt. and official leaders to mess up.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Shovelhead! Nice! I know I don't have the butt to do that anymore!
I used to cast in sterling silver HOG rings in oversized pcs.
Sold them all!
Ah the strength of youth!
Take care Bro!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Stavr scoop order update! I finally got this message at usps.com
Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:57 am on December 21, 2013.
Awesome! Now just has to make the journey to SoCal!
I was putting in the tracking number at the Ukraine Post website and
read the statement it is better to check the destination country's mail website
so I checked with usps.com and got nothing but that usps was notified of the shipment
from the original poster!
Finally today the message changed to the above!
So your order from Stavr should be arriving soon!
Merry Christmas!
RG

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to take that Stavr for a test drive in the next couple days? I'm interested to see your opinion on it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you going to take that Stavr for a test drive in the next couple days? I'm interested to see your opinion on it.

Yes I am! I have to make a handle for it first and will probably get an Ames Ash handle from Home Depot or Lowes.
I will let you know what I think! As of this post it has not been delivered yet!
Happy Holidays Fletch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions