Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I must be NUTS!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8631 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I must be NUTS!

So along came an opportunity to drive up to Indiana to see my kids and grand daughter and best friend through the Holidays, not a chance I'm going to miss that opportunity! I leave Wednesday. But I gotta tell ya, I've been watching those temps up there, been a few years since my skinny little self has been exposed to much of anything below 40, let alone 5, 7, 10 - with added wind chills. Every time I check the whether I get chilled just thinking about it, if you saw what all I was packing you'd think I was heading straight for the North Pole. E-mailed my son today and told him I'd pay for an extra cord of wood for the fireplace if he'd arrange it. He also has a warm furry dog named Autumn, about 40lbs., perfect cuddler, told him, "she's sleeping with me!" It's funny how one's perspective changes over time, I use to enjoy the snow and cold, could spend hours out in the frosty woods deer hunting, trapping, etc., or hours on the frozen ice fishing for dinner. Now, the only time I want to see ice is when it's crushed in my fruity drink with one of those colorful umbrellas, the hot sun on my back. "Frosty", even as I wrote it I got chilled, my bare feet and toes begging me to change my mind and not go. Damn, excuse me while I put on some socks! But there is an up side, when I get back I probably won't feel the need for a wetsuit for the remainer of this year's winter water hunting, probably call it, "a refreshing dip in the warm ocean." God, I hope I never have to leave the house while I'm up there!
    Last edited by bigscoop; Dec 15, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Feb 2008
    SE Missouri
    garage sale oldie
    860 times
    TH'ing, fishing, reading, cooking
    It's amazing how just being with family can warm your soul. Sounds like a storybook scene, family, fireplace, snuggly dog. what more could you want? Enjoy!
    bigscoop likes this.
    dancing in the fire!

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8631 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    It's amazing how just being with family can warm your soul. Sounds like a storybook scene, family, fireplace, snuggly dog. what more could you want? Enjoy!
    True. But 75-80 degrees would be nice. The closest thing I have to winter clothes these days is a 3mm full body wetsuit....

us
    chuck

Feb 2007
    spacecoast florida
    fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
    368 times
    "I must be NUTS!" yes, we know that. the first step to recovery is being able admit you have a problem!

enjoy your trip and time with the family!!!!

chuck.
    bigscoop likes this.
    you dont know what you dont know, and you dont know what you dont dig!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    17904 times
    C,mon up we have plenty of beach sand waiting for ya just a little farther north
    A day side trip would be good for ya.
    Travel safe. Stay warm.(l.o.l.)
    bigscoop likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8631 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker41 View Post
    "I must be NUTS!" yes, we know that. the first step to recovery is being able admit you have a problem!

enjoy your trip and time with the family!!!!

chuck.
    Hey buddy, they put nuts in peanut butter now, Hershey Kisses, Brownies, and the list goes on and on. Seems "everybody" desires a little nut every now and then. I'm thinking I should probably rephrase that....don't sound quite right. And by the way, his finger has been stuck in his head like that for years. Poor little fella.

"Enjoy the family!!!!".....I have no set return date, could be gone 2 weeks, could be gone a month? Right now I'm busy packing the Santa bag and tuning the sled.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Dec 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

us
    Apr 2012
    SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
    XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
    60 times
    Sounds like you miss all that warmmm weather maybe you should order some LLBean clothes LOL sounds like your going to stay right next to the fireplace Have a good trip and enjoy
    bigscoop likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8631 times
    "Come Dasher, Dancer, Donner, and Vixen...!" Damn, that's all the room I got under the hood, just a 4 cylinder.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Nov 2012
    Florida
    688 times
    Have a good time BS
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    Hubcap

Jun 2013
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
    242 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That wet suit would make a nice first layer, least it will keep that wind at bay. Be safe and we will keep the state warm for your return.
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    Jul 2009
    Orlando
    PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
    50 times
    Have a safe trip, I'll hold down the fort...
    bigscoop likes this.
    http://www.infraredservices.net/
    The Pirate comes out at night...

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    11905 times
    Enjoy your time with family! You can always thaw out when you get back, a good roast on the beach should do it.
    bigscoop likes this.

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1026 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    I had family offer to pay for my trip up..... but i passed and told them id show up when the sun shines. 2013 for me has been like a lot of Fri the 13 teens so i thought why push it even during the best of times. Enjoy your trip......

Dew
    bigscoop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    20328 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    I'm nuts too. Went beach detecting during winter storm Electra. Didn't get much. Sand was not frozen.
    bigscoop likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8631 times
    I got a sore throat this morning just looking at the temps up there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links