I must be NUTS!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So along came an opportunity to drive up to Indiana to see my kids and grand daughter and best friend through the Holidays, not a chance I'm going to miss that opportunity! I leave Wednesday. But I gotta tell ya, I've been watching those temps up there, been a few years since my skinny little self has been exposed to much of anything below 40, let alone 5, 7, 10 - with added wind chills. Every time I check the whether I get chilled just thinking about it, if you saw what all I was packing you'd think I was heading straight for the North Pole. E-mailed my son today and told him I'd pay for an extra cord of wood for the fireplace if he'd arrange it. He also has a warm furry dog named Autumn, about 40lbs., perfect cuddler, told him, "she's sleeping with me!" It's funny how one's perspective changes over time, I use to enjoy the snow and cold, could spend hours out in the frosty woods deer hunting, trapping, etc., or hours on the frozen ice fishing for dinner. Now, the only time I want to see ice is when it's crushed in my fruity drink with one of those colorful umbrellas, the hot sun on my back. "Frosty", even as I wrote it I got chilled, my bare feet and toes begging me to change my mind and not go. Damn, excuse me while I put on some socks! But there is an up side, when I get back I probably won't feel the need for a wetsuit for the remainer of this year's winter water hunting, probably call it, "a refreshing dip in the warm ocean." God, I hope I never have to leave the house while I'm up there! :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
It's amazing how just being with family can warm your soul. Sounds like a storybook scene, family, fireplace, snuggly dog. what more could you want? Enjoy!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing how just being with family can warm your soul. Sounds like a storybook scene, family, fireplace, snuggly dog. what more could you want? Enjoy!

True. But 75-80 degrees would be nice. :laughing7: The closest thing I have to winter clothes these days is a 3mm full body wetsuit....:laughing7:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I must be NUTS!" yes, we know that. the first step to recovery is being able admit you have a problem!:laughing7:

enjoy your trip and time with the family!!!!

chuck.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
C,mon up we have plenty of beach sand waiting for ya just a little farther north:laughing7:
A day side trip would be good for ya.
Travel safe. Stay warm.(l.o.l.)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I must be NUTS!" yes, we know that. the first step to recovery is being able admit you have a problem!:laughing7:

enjoy your trip and time with the family!!!!

chuck.

Hey buddy, they put nuts in peanut butter now, Hershey Kisses, Brownies, and the list goes on and on. Seems "everybody" desires a little nut every now and then. :laughing7: I'm thinking I should probably rephrase that....don't sound quite right. :icon_scratch: And by the way, his finger has been stuck in his head like that for years. Poor little fella.

"Enjoy the family!!!!".....I have no set return date, could be gone 2 weeks, could be gone a month? Right now I'm busy packing the Santa bag and tuning the sled. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you miss all that warmmm weather maybe you should order some LLBean clothes LOL sounds like your going to stay right next to the fireplace Have a good trip and enjoy

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Come Dasher, Dancer, Donner, and Vixen...!" Damn, that's all the room I got under the hood, just a 4 cylinder. :dontknow:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wet suit would make a nice first layer, least it will keep that wind at bay. Be safe and we will keep the state warm for your return.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a safe trip, I'll hold down the fort...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your time with family! You can always thaw out when you get back, a good roast on the beach should do it.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had family offer to pay for my trip up..... but i passed and told them id show up when the sun shines. 2013 for me has been like a lot of Fri the 13 teens so i thought why push it even during the best of times. Enjoy your trip......

Dew

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm nuts too. Went beach detecting during winter storm Electra. Didn't get much. Sand was not frozen.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a sore throat this morning just looking at the temps up there! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had family offer to pay for my trip up..... but i passed and told them id show up when the sun shines. 2013 for me has been like a lot of Fri the 13 teens so i thought why push it even during the best of times. Enjoy your trip......

Dew

Well, I won't be getting that theme/background music out of my head for a while. :laughing7: But it will be a nice change from the theme/background music in Jaws that I've gotten so use to this year. :laughing7:

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll enjoy all of it! But you will most definitely feel the cold right into your bones. After being in Florida and moving here to Wyoming I am doing ok adjusting so far..... BUT the most harshest weather will be Jan., Feb., & March, so I have a better answer then. I did tell my husband that I don't want to live here forever, I know it will start to make my bones ache and he did say when he retires in 5 years we will move again. Not to a place with such long cold winters. But I can feel for ya, crazy cold weather has been hitting already. Now watch you get up there and get "snowed in" right before it's time to leave for home ;) Burrrrrrrr. Cold piercing wind blowing, snow, snow and more snow, frozen to the core you'll be. Merry Christmas Bigscoop! Have a safe wonderful trip! Keep them feeties warm!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll enjoy all of it! But you will most definitely feel the cold right into your bones. After being in Florida and moving here to Wyoming I am doing ok adjusting so far..... BUT the most harshest weather will be Jan., Feb., & March, so I have a better answer then. I did tell my husband that I don't want to live here forever, I know it will start to make my bones ache and he did say when he retires in 5 years we will move again. Not to a place with such long cold winters. But I can feel for ya, crazy cold weather has been hitting already. Now watch you get up there and get "snowed in" right before it's time to leave for home ;) Burrrrrrrr. Cold piercing wind blowing, snow, snow and more snow, frozen to the core you'll be. Merry Christmas Bigscoop! Have a safe wonderful trip! Keep them feeties warm!

I'm ready for all of it! Looking forward to seeing the kids & grand-daughter. Might even have to build a snowman or two. lol And "Merry Christmas" back at ya! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop build a detector man finding sunshine and send us a pic. Set the frequency too warm.
"A metal detecting snowman"......might just have to work on that notion! Maybe put a shorty and a mask and snorkel on him. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread