How to find rings on hightide?

methevas2

Jan 10, 2013
Sooo. Last night I was searching the wet sand. The wind was crazy, blowing the water up to the hightide line or it was hightide... proboly both. Anyways there were surf pockets which was the only thing i could get too but the sand was too soupy. I did search the top of this cut on wetsand but just a few coins. So im pretty confused on what to do with these conditions. I live in the northwest florida in the fort walton beach area if that helps. Maybe it wasnt the right conditions....btw i have a minelab excal 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sooo. Last night I was searching the wet sand. The wind was crazy, blowing the water up to the hightide line or it was hightide... proboly both. Anyways there were surf pockets which was the only thing i could get too but the sand was too soupy. I did search the top of this cut on wetsand but just a few coins. So im pretty confused on what to do with these conditions. I live in the northwest florida in the fort walton beach area if that helps. Maybe it wasnt the right conditions....
I went out to lake worth beach last night with my Whites PRL-1. Can't get close to the wet cause my machine freaks out from the salt so I just hit the dry sand hard. Looking at the water though, it was really rough and windy as well. Maybe today during low tide would be a good time to go! Hope my Sand Shark comes in today that was kindly donated to me by R.Danneskjold!!

OP
OP
methevas2

methevas2

Jan 10, 2013
I heard about your story! Congratulations for getting a new detector man

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometimes you just have to pick your days. A roaring ocean isn't going to help you hear the low tones or the soft tones. When i get to the beach and it's one of those days where the high wet is going from just wet to thigh deep on every third set it's usually time to try a different plan. I start with the pathways and walkways to the each. Usually lots of trash, but have also found bracelets and necklaces. Also, a coin dump which got me over 50 quarters a bunch of dimes and nickles. No pennies! i kept thinking mom musta been pissed when junior dumped her pocketbook. I have friends who have found rings this way.

next move is to find an off facing beach where there may be a natural obstruction breaking the surf. If all else fails it's time to move to the bay. Find a bay side area where boaters anchor up and swim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread