East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't live there, but it sounds exciting. Looking forward to seeing the results of your adventure. Would love to take the same trip myself someday. Merry Christmas and happy hunting. Beach Papa

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
There is a guy who works at one of the rental places who detects as well as my buddy Chris who ...I'm not sure is on this forum. Hunted there on a cruise several weeks ago and found nothing.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from the beach chair area of the neighboring hotels. Many have guards that get very pissy if you get too close. Stay in the wet and they shouldn't bother you.

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
My wife and I are headed to Grand Cayman Island next week for four days of relaxation. Her idea of relaxing is laying in a beach chair reading a book. For me, I will be breaking in a brand new CTX3030 in front of the big resorts on Seven Mile Beach.

Anybody on here live in Grand Cayman?

Yea mon.....,

Email me at [email protected] and Ill come out and play if you like. There are no private beaches here and it is the queens bottom all the way up to the high water mark. So you can detect anywhere you like. I have better luck in the water but you can hunt sand and chair areas if you like. let me know if i can help out at all. I have couple of extra scoops also if you need to borrow one.

Chris

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's the true Aloha Spirit, Southern Style, even if you live in the Bahamas.
That is the way it used to be in Hawaii (Old Style).

All beaches In Hawaii" are open to the public as they belong to no one and everyone.",
As long as you do not go above the high water mark or are in the water, they cannot stop you from using the beach.
Believe me, many gated communities, resorts, and hotels make it difficult and you may have to do a little hiking to get to
where you can get to the beach, which sucks if you are carrying heavy gear or a large surf board.
The trick is knowing where the access points are as many are overgrown or only known by locals.
County governments and private developers are required to provide public access and parking in areas where the shoreline is dominated by residential dwellings.

The exception is some land owned by the State/Federal Government! There it is Kapu "Forbidden/Keep Out".

Email me at [email protected] and Ill come out and play if you like. There are no private beaches here and it is the queens bottom all the way up to the high water mark. So you can detect anywhere you like. I have better luck in the water but you can hunt sand and chair areas if you like. let me know if i can help out at all. I have couple of extra scoops also if you need to borrow one.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea mon.....,

Chris

Your the MAN Chris!! Good luck to both of you and may it be a Merry Christmas. Blessings, Beach Papa

OP
OP
Sharecropper

Sharecropper

Feb 27, 2009
Chris is a true southern gentleman!!

I will second that! Met Chris and his lovely wife Petula over a few beers, then we hit the water in front of the Ritz. Although I didn't recover anything of value, I really enjoyed our time together. The weather was perfect and the water was just right. Chris spoke highly of you Deb, and I hope we can all MD together someday. I probably will be headed back to GC sometime later this year. Chris really knows his stuff, and is very generous of his time and willingness to share his knowledge. A great guy living the life.

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks Mike,

I had a great time also. Next time will be better. Petula was very impressed that not only you remembered the name but spelled it correctly! Big plus for you. I remember your wifes middle name, "AnneWithanE" TOO FUNNY! Let me know when you're headed back and I'll have the cooler loaded and ready. If we ever pass through your neck of the woods, we will meet up. By the way, I've been letting the kid we met at the Westin use my other Excal and scoop. He's having a blast. He has hunted with me every morning with me since you left. He found a silver bracelet this morning at Royal Palms.

Later,
Chris

I will second that! Met Chris and his lovely wife Petula over a few beers, then we hit the water in front of the Ritz. Although I didn't recover anything of value, I really enjoyed our time together. The weather was perfect and the water was just right. Chris spoke highly of you Deb, and I hope we can all MD together someday. I probably will be headed back to GC sometime later this year. Chris really knows his stuff, and is very generous of his time and willingness to share his knowledge. A great guy living the life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread