Silver & Gold at the River

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally made it to the river Saturday and couldn't detect about 4 hours and found so much trash I almost missed a 14K gold find. I worked around the dock where I found my 14K chain a few months ago and found a sterling silver chain that weighed 10.71 grams. It was all over the scale and I thought I had found another chain but it was a small bungee cord.
The 14K heart shaped pendant weighed 1.07 grams. 42 on the DVI. Found 2 q, 1 d and 4 pennies plus a token. Adventure zone on one side and TLC amusement on the other side. Found what I think is a junk ear ring and a butterfly ring, but haven't had time to clean them up and check them yet. Lots of trash in the water. I kept getting so many targets in the 39 to 48 range and found 5-6 pieces of foil that sounded like a good target, I almost didn't dig the gold pendant. Glad I did.
Saturday-at the river 003 (Custom).jpg Saturday-at the river 006 (Custom).jpg Saturday-at the river 007 (Custom).jpg Saturday-at the river 010 (Custom).jpg Saturday-at the river 011 (Custom).jpg Saturday-at the river 009 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt...congrats on the nice finds...what detector you using?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a great hunt, fongu!:hello2:

I like that gold pendant!:thumbsup:

Lorraine

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks lookingdown & Lorraine. I was using the At/Pro in pro mode zero with the iron audio off. This didn't have much of a tone, but was a steady 42 on the DVI. Those bullets and 22 casings gave me a fit falling out of my scoop and the sterling silver chain did also. I hope to finish my modification of my scoop with some 1/4 inch hardware cloth later this afternoon. I will still use my sifter, but won't have to lift the scoop full of mud and mussels or rocks and dump it until I've sifted the dirt out of the scoop before I lift it. Have to take care of my back. I have procrastinated on ordering some magnets to put in my scoop, but will take care of that this week. HH. I'm going back later this week and work both sides of the two docks at this swim park and see what else comes up. No telling how much jewelry and coins are under the foundation posts of the dock, but everything around the posts and under the dock will be scanned with my coil. A lady who works at a store neat this spot said her friend lost a 3 carat diamond ring at this area and I told her it probably had been found by the other detectors who hunt this park, but I sure would like to find it for her. Good PR for our hobby.

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish I had a day like that!! Been dry these parts! Ray

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The butterfly ring has no markings on it, but I intend to test it and see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread